spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Francois811

join:2012-02-28
Quebec, QC

[Homephone] Need help to make my INTERCOM working PLEASE!!!

Hello

I have a problem with my intercom at my condo that I just bought and I want to make the intercom works. The concierge is an old man and I was not able to take precise information from him.

The condo is 27 years old and the intercom is using the telephone line to proceed.

My neighbour told me he has to push the number 6 or something like that (maybe you could recognize witch type of intercom it is with that information) on the telephone to unlock the door at the entrance but he also has an active telephone line.

I’m not going to pay for a telephone line until the summer so I am wondering if you know if it is possible to use the intercom without having an active telephone line?

The different setup of connections I was trying up to now are not working if one of my friend go downstair to call me from the intercom. May it be possible that the line has been unplugged in the mechanical room when the last owner of the condo cut his line? Is it something technician does when you stop your contract?

I have no tone on the telephone if I plug it in one of the wall jacks; Am I supposed to get a tone even if I don’t have an active telephone contract with Bell?

Here’s some more information:

One of the telephone line coming in the condo as a box at its end with two jacks: one with a telephone symbol and one with a computer screen symbol. Is this box made to use the telephone line and the intercom separately?

If you need any further information, ask me and I will post it!

I can take pictures either!

THANKS A LOT!

Martin
Premium
join:2005-05-05
@bell.ca
kudos:3

Si ton système d'ouverture de porte est mécanique, tu n'as pas réellement besoin d'une ligne téléphonique active pour l'utiliser et ce si le branchement au système est bien fait. Normalement juste en branchant un téléphone dans une prise de téléphone de ton condo suffit, lorsque quelqu'un sonne en bas, ton téléphone devrait sonner et tu peux répondre, parler à la personne au portier et appuyer sur le 6 ou le 9 pour déverrouiller la porte.

La prise double avec un logo de téléphone et ordinateur a été installé par Vidoétron pour injecter leur ligne dans ton câblage intérieur et ça ne devrait pas changer rien pour toi sans ligne de téléphone, branche un téléphone dans la prise du logo de téléphone et si ça ne fonctionne pas c'est sûrement le ti-coune de HS télécom sous-traitant de Vidoétron qui a foutu le bordel.

Si c'est le cas, abonne toi au téléphone de Bell ou Vidoétron pour faire régler ton problème d'intercom, le tech va s'assurer que ton intercom fonctionne sur ta ligne, ensuite libre à toi d'annuler ton service téléphonique mais si tu ne t'abonne pas au téléphone, il y a pas une cie qui va te régler le problème gratuitement.

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to Francois811

I have to say that hopefully your "enterphone" is still connected. Sometimes it will be disconnected to improve the speed of the internet for the customer. If you plug in a telephone into the jack where the telephone symbol is and then have someone go downstairs and push your code...your telephone will get the voltage from the "enterphone" system and will ring. You push 6 I believe to open the door (from what I remember) and then when the door opens your telephone will go dead again. If it doesn't work then you will have to wait for your line otherwise it will cost you to have someone come in and activate it. These enterphone systems (older) are hard to filter out unless a separate house pair is brought up to the unit for the dsl and one for the telephone/enterphone. It has an "in" and "out" panel which makes the dsl run slower and causes it to cut off when someone activates the door code...a trade off.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

Expand your moderator at work

Francois811

join:2012-02-28
Quebec, QC
reply to Francois811

Re: [Homephone] Need help to make my INTERCOM working PLEASE!!!

Thanks for your answers, I'll retry tonight! And I know the intercom is supposed to work because when I was visiting the condo, I used the intercom to talk to the last owner to unlock the main door of the building. I remembered that one time he told me "I'll change to another telephone to unlock the door" at the end of the conversation.

I don't know if he was usine a telephone line or an internet telephone line.

Unlike me (I use me cellular internet instead), he also had internet so he was using a little box called IVI6000 by the company SITTELLE to switch between the intercom and the telephone line and he has an E-MTA. Here is the little box that he letf when he quit the condo :

»www.sittelletech.com/pdf/IVI6000C_IM_12.pdf

Is there something to try with it when I will try my intercom tonight? It says in the documentation that you don't need to have a telephone line to make it work and if the E-MTA is disconnected, it switch automatically to the intercom side.

Is there something I can check (like the voltage or something) in the wall jacks or in the plug with a telephone symbol to be sure it is still connected to the intercom if it is not working after I test it tonight?

Thanks!

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to Francois811

You will need 2 people to try it because the voltage will only last for a few minutes as the "enterphone" energizes the line and then shuts down...one person upstairs on the telephone and one person downstairs at the panel.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.