uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey

[OLEXP] OE on XP to WLM on W7

Ok, new build, can't afford Office so will be using Windows Live Mail instead of Outlook.

I know you can't go right from my version of Outlook to WLM so I've dumped everything into OE.

What file(s) do I need to copy my email and settings onto a flash drive to import everything onto the new build?
--
"While you can teach an old dog new tricks, you simply can't teach him to be a cat."

"Are you my Mummy?"

Tursiops_G
Technoid
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-06
Norwalk, CT
kudos:1

Have you looked into Open Office as a replacement for MS Office, and Mozilla Thunderbird as a replacement for MS Outlook?
»www.openoffice.org/
»www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

-Tursiops_G.
--
If You're Unsure, "RTFM"... If You're SURE, "RTFM" Anyway.

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey

I'm going to use OpenOffice, but I really don't like Thunderbird so I'm stuck with WLM (I prefer OE above all others I've used).
--
"While you can teach an old dog new tricks, you simply can't teach him to be a cat."

"Are you my Mummy?"

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to Sweet Witch

Slightly off topic, but check with your employer Sweet Witch See Profile and see if they have a code for the Microsoft Home Use Program which would get you the whole Office suite sans Project & Visio for $10.
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

Tursiops_G
Technoid
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-06
Norwalk, CT
kudos:1

said by drew:

Slightly off topic, but check with your employer Sweet Witch See Profile and see if they have a code for the Microsoft Home Use Program which would get you the whole Office suite sans Project & Visio for $10.

+1
»www.microsofthup.com/

If your Employer has Corporate-wide licenses for MS Windows/Office products, then the MS HUP program should be available through your Company's HR Dept...

Even MS Project and Visio may be available for under $25/ea. if qualified...

(And naturally, I Totally brainfarted on that aspect...)

-Tursiops_G.

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey

Unfortunately my employer has no such license, and no Fairy Godmother/Godfather in sight.