Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Mele20

Re: SpywareBlaster Database Update - February 21, 2012

said by Mele20:

said by Madtown:

Thanks.

I always notice that IE needs the updates but not Firefox, why is that?

Only IE has Active X. Spyware Blaster is primarily used to set the "killbit" (block in other words) nasty, malicious Active X objects. Fx doesn't have Active X so all Spyware Blaster does for it is to manage some nasty cookies.

So since I don't use IE and use Fx, I don't need Spywareblaster?

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:4

Well....considering that IE is an integral part of the OS and the fact that Spyware Blaster is a small program and uses very little resources, I would have it installed even if not using IE. I rarely use IE (and only for speed tests when I do) but I keep Spyware Blaster installed and up to date.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Madtown

quote:
So since I don't use IE and use Fx, I don't need Spywareblaster?
Yes SpywareBlaster is a must have for any computer and it doesn't use any resources as it isn't a process.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:10
reply to Mele20

said by Mele20:

Well....considering that IE is an integral part of the OS and the fact that Spyware Blaster is a small program and uses very little resources, I would have it installed even if not using IE. I rarely use IE (and only for speed tests when I do) but I keep Spyware Blaster installed and up to date.

Agreed.
Plus Spyware Blaster doesn't run in the background or even need to be opened and running to be protected.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:10
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Whoops.
I didn't notice a page 2 to this thread.