Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: A Family's Home Computer Gets Hacked

I said I want to READ. Audio is even worse than watching a video. I am a reader. Audio is irritating and boring and takes way too long...video is the same.

I want to read an article at a website...not download a zip file, then have to scan it with my AV, then open it, etc. That is a lot of trouble just to read an article that I really don't care about in the first place. It sounds like just another scare mongering "for the sake of the children I am an idiot mother who never bothered to learn about the internet so I could protect my children properly" video/article/audio whatever, but I wanted to see for myself. I can skim it quickly to see if it is worth my time to read. I can't skim a video or audio. That is my point.

Further, I don't think my audio is working. I rarely use audio with my computer and I don't think it even works now.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

I said I want to READ. Audio is even worse than watching a video. I am a reader. Audio is irritating and boring and takes way too long...video is the same.

I can agree with you. If I'm looking to learn something, it won't be via podcast or video tutor.

(I'll avoid sites altogether if I've been exposed to their surprise autoplay videos.)

However:
My thought is that the YT2audio site could be good for audio tracks, that someone thought to improve through their own home-brewed video magic.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
I could convert the audio to text for ya..but that's too boring for me. I usually only read stuff like that when sitting on the can..go figure. Beside you got it all figured out for yourself anywho. I still listen to the radio and enjoy it. The other video..BTW is not worth just the audio, for if you don't see the action taking place..it is not understandable, as you must know from watching TV. A picture is worth a thousand words.