Search similar:

uniqs

BB100
@shawcable.net

BB100 to matt1101

Anon

to matt1101

Re: [AB] Shaw 100 southern alberta

Almost gurantee it is a saturation issue. When I lived in Lethbridge on the west side we had the same issue...

My business clients in South Lethbridge are fine on BB100.

ShawSean
join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to matt1101

to matt1101
Hey Matt,

I just was in communication with the Manager yesterday, so nothing as of yet. Once I've got any further details I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Cheers.

westlethshaw
@shawcable.net

westlethshaw to matt1101

Anon

to matt1101
Ok is this getting worse BB100 devided by 5 = your real speed or worse my cell phone has better speed KUDOs to shaw/Sean this man seems to be the only guy there who listens or cares-last speed test from shaw 11mb down/3.5 up
matt1101
join:2012-02-29
Lethbridge, AB

matt1101

Sean is great.

It's 100/8 to get MB/s (download speed) (theoretical conditions basically). I'd be happy if I was getting 70-80 even.. I'm sick of going to a website and having to wait 30 seconds or more for it to load...

Yeah today when I've tested i got 4.5 mbps down and 4.54 mbps up. Glad the upload is working I guess.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to matt1101

to matt1101
Thanks guys, appreciate the kudo's but let me get you some results first .

Baud1200
join:2003-02-10

Baud1200

As in my case, finally having a competent point of contact was more result than ever before, and will be appreciated regardless of any future outcome.

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to matt1101

to matt1101
Hey Lethbridge folks,

If you haven't already, please forward me your contact details so I can escalate this to the appropriate department.

Thanks.

(I do have yours still Matt)
matt1101
Lethbridge, AB

matt1101

Hey Sean,

Sorry to keep buggin you! Just wondering if there is any sort of update yet on what is wrong and when it will be fixed? it's getting worse it seems :\

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

Hey Matt,

There's a dedicated tech monitoring the area as we speak. I'll have someone touch base with you today.

Cheers.
matt1101
Lethbridge, AB

matt1101

Hey Sean,

Sounds good. I was in a meeting when they called, so I called shaw back, went through all the trouble shooting steps again with them.... They said there were no notes dealing with the current issue, so a senior tech is coming out saturday, even though I explained I was working with you and just trying to get a hold of the person from shaw that had called me (but left no message)

If the person wants to get a hold of me tomorrow I can either deal with them through email or in the morning between 9AM to 11:30AM I am free.

Thanks for your time,

Matt

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean

I'm trying to set something up for the time you're available today. pm me and let me know the outcome.

Cheers.

westlethshaw
@shawcable.net

westlethshaw to matt1101

Anon

to matt1101
Hey Matt any luck on your end with things getting fixed ? and if so what happened
matt1101
Lethbridge, AB

matt1101 to ShawSean

to ShawSean
Hi Sean,

Thanks for getting someone in touch with me.
Though some concessions were made, the speeds have not improved at all and they are suggesting anywhere from two weeks to six months.

The one tech stated it's two million for an upgrade... seems a little high?

Senior level tech really was pushing for a SMC, but as it's not capable of speeds over 155 and the fact I had previous SMC's die on me, I didn't want to go that route.

So it's nice that shaw has offered "Something" but I'm still hoping for the speeds to improve as 5.25 mbps!

The senior tech stated several times "don't know what's on their end" with speedtests. However It's an issue within shaw's network here I am pretty sure still. As at work I hit 200+ via speedtest to most sites, any time of the day.

Hopefully you are having some luck westlethshaw, but it looks like it's basically gotta wait this out and hope they don't forget about lethbridge (the westside anyways)
matt1101

matt1101

Just an update to what's been going on.

So the past few days there has been a significant improvement!
I've been hitting over 50mbps download (from various speedtest sites) and shaw speed test quite consistently. So things are improving. Once the DNU is completed hopefully that will improve issues further. Websites are now loading quicker also, which is great. It reminded me of when we had dialup for a little while there. Hopefully this isn't just temporary.

Any word on what the issue is/was Sean? Over saturation of the node and DNU is what i got out of a few people I spoke with.

Thanks for your help with all this and I hope you had a great vacation.

westlethshaw
@shawcable.net

westlethshaw

Anon

Hey Matt Yeah I got in touch with tech support they said -they said the issue was fixed in my area ? not too sure what that issue was but yeah speed tests from speedtest.net -speakeasy and shaw all seem pretty close - for now ? lets hope is stays that way
westlethshaw

westlethshaw

Anon

Hey Sean thanks for looking out for us and your help in getting this fixed-PS-SHAW if it wasn't for Sean listening to the customers and trying to fix these problems in a timely manner- i'm sure you would have a few less customers right now !!!

ShawSean
Vernon, BC

ShawSean to matt1101

to matt1101
That's great to hear, and if it wasn't for you guys letting me know of the problems they might still be causing issues today.

Keep me posted if anything changes.

Cheers,
Sean