All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

watermasta
@usmc.mil

watermasta to Arthritis

Anon

to Arthritis

Re: [Vanilla] What Was Vanilla WoW Like?

I have quite a few fond memories of Vanilla.

-First one being when I acheived my epic land mount. It truly was a status symbol because gold did not flow out of your ass like it does these days.
-Receiving my first epic. I'll never forget, it was the Staff of Dominance from MC. I felt like such a boss.
-Raiding with 40 people. It felt so epic to have so many people working together at the time. The boss mechanics are laughable by today's standards, but being a part of a 7 man mage core was pretty damn cool.
-Getting my tome for the "good" water in DM. It was almost required of mages at the time if you planned to raid, and in line with that...
-Logging in 20 minutes early to make enough water for the entire raid because you only conjured 4 water at a time.

Sure alot of those things that were changed are for quality of life and some people don't look back on them fondly, but just like your grandfather who had to walk 20 miles to school in snow uphill bothways, It's a way of saying "Yeah, I did that shit!"

Aorf
@ccra-adrc.gc.ca

Aorf

Anon

Leveling your weapons skills and learning these skills at the weapon master (and traveling - walking from big city to big city to get all available weapons training)

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino

Oh God I forgot about the weapons training. That was such a pain in the ass when I started tanking. Get an upgrade, threat goes in the toilet. Glance at the combat table Your skill in 1h axes increased to 2 /facepalm

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Running from city to city to train weapon skills was neat I thought. Truth is WoW can't be like Vanilla again and we can only think back. Vanilla at the time was new to us as well and it was fun just to discover things but that is lost now as well. We all know the game to well now to be suprised by anything.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Taino

to Taino
said by Taino:

Oh God I forgot about the weapons training. That was such a pain in the ass when I started tanking. Get an upgrade, threat goes in the toilet. Glance at the combat table Your skill in 1h axes increased to 2 /facepalm

as a level 50 paladin, i'd go back into rage-fire chasm (instance in ogrimmar for the allys in this thread) and swing and miss at the level 13 elites for 1/2 an hour to level up my weapons. 1h maces/1h swords/2h maces/2h swords/polearm...

oh sh!t, remember when pally's used polearms

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Remeber when Ret pallies were silly. And that one FROSSTT SHOCKKKKK video?! haha. That video was great.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Remember when Pyro mages 1 shot you and Reckoning 1 shot you. And rogues 1 shot you. And Whirlwind 1 shot you.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Venom14

to Venom14
Guessing this was TBC then, there were no horde pallys in vanilla. No belfs, no space goats. I remember making a belf pally during Wrath and there was a quest from the pally trainer right when you were getting ready to leave the belf starting lands that had a nice blue polearm as the reward.

I remember in MC and BWL we kept a rezzer out of combat off to the side for unlimited battle rezzes. Also when pally and druid buffs were only 5 minutes long and having the RL call out in teamspeak for buffs to be reapplied mid fight.

8+ hour long AV's, marathon PVP sessions to try and get better ranks.

At the time it all seemed ok, but I'd punch a kitten in the face if I had to do it all again.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
I use to 1 shot with Aimshot too.
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof to Venom14

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

said by Taino:

as a level 50 paladin, i'd go back into rage-fire chasm (instance in ogrimmar for the allys in this thread) and swing and miss at the level 13 elites for 1/2 an hour to level up my weapons. 1h maces/1h swords/2h maces/2h swords/polearm...

oh sh!t, remember when pally's used polearms

i miss when pallys were exclusive to the alliance and shamans were horde only.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

said by Josof:

i miss when pallys were exclusive to the alliance and shamans were horde only.

^^