share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Malice at the Palace

»www.grantland.com/story/_/id/761···e-palace

Great read today on Grantland.com. Recalling the events of the mayhem that went down in Detriot between the Pacers and Detroit fans. Long read but nice if you have time to read it. A lot of stuff I didn't know about the fans that actually were involved. Like the one guy of two that came down to start more stuff with the players was actually ejected from the arena earlier. The same fan also made threats to Yao Ming and was going to get paid for starting stuff with players. Lots of crazy stuff.

bassjunky

join:2005-05-12
Aubrey, TX

That's a good read, I remember all of that happening. A lot of different people were catalysts for the chaos. The fans are as much to blame as the players. This line in the article made me LOL:

Pollard: Some of the fans, they get down on the court and are saying, "I'm going to go punch this guy. I'm going to go punch this guy." Then they get close and they're like, "Wow. I can't reach his face."

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to I AM

Good read.
I remember hearing about it, but didn't actually see it happen or see any replays. I couldn't find it on Youtube, but there was a blurry version on google video. From that video it looks like the fight on the court was pretty much over until the fans started being fools and the players joined in the stupidity.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to bassjunky

Yeah man I think people don't understand how massive these guys are. 6'5 plus in height of pure muscle ain't nothing to mess with. I thought the funny line was when Artest asked everyone, "Do you think we'll get in trouble?"

Also the Refs and Security handled the situation POORLY.