uniqs

The0_o
join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o to djlar

to djlar

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

said by djlar:

I'll say they should make most of the gear unique when possible, so if you have it equipped or in bags you can't loot it..

All except dual wieldable weapons, that's it...

Yeah tier tokens would be up for grabs anyway..

All gear Unique, Weapons limited to 2 per character (so DKs/warriors can still get 2), tier pieces are still up for grabs.

Also when they add that stupid dagger to the loot list?
Damn thing dropped off EVERY SINGLE BOSS last night.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Daggers are for the lazy/poor rogues (probably poor because being lazy) that would need them..

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to The0_o

Premium Member

to The0_o
said by The0_o:

said by djlar:

I'll say they should make most of the gear unique when possible, so if you have it equipped or in bags you can't loot it..

All except dual wieldable weapons, that's it...

Yeah tier tokens would be up for grabs anyway..

All gear Unique, Weapons limited to 2 per character (so DKs/warriors can still get 2), tier pieces are still up for grabs.

Also when they add that stupid dagger to the loot list?
Damn thing dropped off EVERY SINGLE BOSS last night.

The glaring problem with this are classes that use the same gear between different specs. My kitty and bear share the same loot table, but due to gemming and reforging I must have 2 of each piece. Boomkins / Trees and shamans come to mind as well.

I agree that there is a problem, and I do not know how Blizzard could fix it, except to cut any role bonus in half if you arleady own one of the pieces. (Not equipped as it is too easy for players to have a "crap set" that would allow them to role higher).

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

the more I think about this... the less I'm inclined to believe there is any problem. LFR is 500 VP a week... with an RNG shot at great gear. with the class restrictions its even better... because your RNG isn't pitting you against 25 people... it's pitting you against maybe 10 others?

You don't have to deal with recruiting PUGS, you don't have to worry about loot council, getting banned from ever doing the run again, spending your DKP wisely... you just roll the dice and hope you don't "crap out". meanwhile, you get your VP. you can also work on alternative gearing/spec strategies... rotations... a completely free test-bed for whatever you like... and as long as you out heal tanks, out dps healers, and hold threat without dying to stupid mechanics... you're good.

Last night, I lost a healing trinket to a resto shaman who was out healed by the dk tank. I only need 1 ring and 1 trinket for my healing set in LFR. But I'll always need VP... so I'll keep running.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to djlar

to djlar
said by djlar:

Daggers are for the lazy/poor rogues (probably poor because being lazy) that would need them..

Tell the Rogues that I'm sure will roll on No'Kaled when it drops for my shaman.

On topic, I got kicked from LFR for the first time in my life last night. Here's the back story. On my Priest, I'm 50 VPs short of my 397 bracers for the shaman, so I queue for Fall of DW and get an instant pop. Awesome, I think... I get in and the first thing I see is, "ok we've wiped twice, let's kill it this time.". Oh boy. I respond with, "don't worry. I'm good for at least 70k.". We start the event, wipe on the third platform, I'm sitting at almost 73k...the next guy is just over 50k. I did 12% of overall damage for the attempt. I zone in after the graveyard and some Warrior that did like 30k says, "kick Mcbrain. He isn't even a healer.". I could only say lol, I was head and shoulders better than any other dps in the group. Like it wasn't even close, I did more dps than a majority of the group even if you combined two together. I assumed someone else would speak in my defense since I already stated what I would contribute, and actually followed through with it. No one said shit, and I found myself being porter to Org shortly after.

What a bunch of asshats.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

there isnt anything you can do for dumbasses that dont know any better, you will probably get a better group next time.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to McBrain

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by djlar:

On my Priest, I'm 50 VPs short of my 397 bracers for the shaman, so I queue for Fall of DW and get an instant pop.

Not to be an ass myself, but what did you que for?

I only get insta pops on my Holy Pally, everything else is a 16-20 minute wait. So I'm guessing heals. Your dps was insanely good, yes, but if so the healers were down 1 body.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to cymraeg

to cymraeg
Oh I did. Requeued, got another instant pop, this time for Seige. The group had two Locks and two Rogues doing over 35k on bosses, and myself and an Enh Shaman over 30k on them. That run went off without a hitch, and I got my Shaman some bracers and all was good.

It just baffled me that a vtk passed on clearly the best player in the raid. Not that I'm a god or anything. But if I'm doing 150% the dps of the second guy, chances are that I'm better than everyone else there.
djlar

djlar

Are you admitting twice that you queue as a healer and go DPS? what the hell is that dude?

Even if you do 40K DPS you should flipping heal ... that's what you queued for.. how do you know the other healers are making it without you?

If I see a healer or tank dps instead mininum I let the raid know to kick them out, unless tank goes DPS on Zon'ozz or Hagara. (those 2 don't need 2 tanks at all).

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

2 edits

stvnbrs to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
I feel that anyone (no matter how exemplary their performance) that queues outside the role they plan to play in order to bypass waiting should be kicked.

edit: he queued as dps

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to djlar

to djlar
I never queue as heals. Ever. I queued as dps. That's why I thought sarcastically that it was awesome that I got an instant queue both times.

I apologize for my tardy replies. I'm at the dentist's office posting from my phone with poor signal.
djlar

djlar

12 Weeks doing LFR on several toons I've never gotten an instant queue as a DPS.. heck I never gotten and insta Q as a tank (i've been getting 25mins as a tank lately).

As healer I often get insta queues but to in-progress LFRs..

Takes several tries to get a fresh one..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Both were in progress. First one was on their third attempt at Madness, second one was on last trash pack before first boss. I'll be honest that I didn't elect DPS as my role, only because it is automatically populated, I was in my Shadow spec, and HAVE NEVER queued as heals before. I guess there is a slight possibility that somehow I was queued as heals, but I was completely and honestly oblivious to the fact if that was the case. If by some strange occurrence this is what happened, then yes, in fact, it is I who was the asshat.

I think that scenario is highly unlikely, but stranger things have happened. It's weird that I didn't hear any complaints and there were no issues in the second run, where I did nothing different in the queueing process. So I would assume that I was queued as the same role in both, be it DPS or heals.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Elitist.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to McBrain

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I never queue as heals. Ever. I queued as dps. That's why I thought sarcastically that it was awesome that I got an instant queue both times.

I apologize for my tardy replies. I'm at the dentist's office posting from my phone with poor signal.

I gothcha, again wasnt trying to be an ass or start a shitstorm but was just curious.

Those guys were definitely retards in your situation, and I honestly think people just press the yes button on vote kicks with blank expressions and drool running

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by djlar:

I assumed someone else would speak in my defense since I already stated what I would contribute, and actually followed through with it. No one said shit, and I found myself being porter to Org shortly after.

and this is why I always "speak up" in /rsay... in LFR. My guildies always make fun of me in vent... "dang immer... you just can't resist speaking up, can you?".... it's a curse.