spc
uniqs
ilianame
join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC

ilianame to matt1101

to matt1101

Re: [AB] Shaw 100 southern alberta

Yes it's true. Also my TV got more boring, gas prices grew and night became day.

All I'm hinting here is that.. you know.. like a ghost couldn't be alive, Shaw EXO cannot really affect physical world. It's actually a marketing concept.
matt1101
join:2012-02-29
Lethbridge, AB

matt1101

While your sarcasm is "great", it's not helpful.
Approximately when Exo launched, my speeds have been adversely affected.
ilianame
join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC

ilianame

Yeah sorry.
It just that EXO is kind of a doosie on it's own.

Sorry to hear about your speeds, I hope Sean is helping you out.
Always worked great for me, Sean's definitely great at hunting down the most appropriate person to call you back and solve the irks.

You should probably downgrade your plan to whatever you think is fair for what you are getting. This has been a running condition with cable ever since it got popular.

It's a bus type infrastructure shared with your neighbors, and although it has a massive potential throughput, you are always at a mercy of the population density and pirate concentration in your area.

As usual the best coarse of action is what you are doing already:
Contact Shaw, complain, get techs to come out, listen to them tell you: "it's a known congestion problem in the area, it will be fixes *insert month name 3-4 months from current month*"

Where they will eventually split the node, and your speed will be OK until the new node becomes congested.

I've been fairly lucky with my areas, I've always been getting what I was paying for if not more. But then again I mostly lived around Greater Vancouver area which has always been a very progressive market.

Sorry to be sarcastic, just think you should keep EXO out of this, since similar to yours problems have been popping up much before Shaw decided to call all their services under a new brand-name EXO.
matt1101
join:2012-02-29
Lethbridge, AB

matt1101

ilianame thank you for the reply. I will likely downgrade as you are suggesting. They gave me this line a few months ago also, however I wasn't experiencing anything near this level (i thought it was bad when i would hit only 25MBPS! I dream for those speeds now.)

I'm hoping it some sort of faulty hardware though as I've really enjoyed the 100MBPS when it actually works, though it's extremely inconsistent.