spc
Search similar:

uniqs
EOLonline
join:2007-01-17
Atlanta, GA

EOLonline

[Xtreme] UVerse Static IP?

About to make the switch from 6.0 DSL to Uverse, apparently the 12mbit version since it's going to be a self-install. Understand a truck would roll for higher Mbit rate service. 12 will do.

The old DSL service came with a static IP -an option they offered and which I accepted. It was free. Anyone know if the UVerse service will also have a static IP? If it will, same IP or something else? Will there be a cost for it?

Thanks!

Patrick

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

No idea if they offer a U-Verse static IP or not, or if they do, if they charge for it.

But it is impossible that your U-Verse IP can be the same one you had on DSL.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to EOLonline

MVM

to EOLonline
said by EOLonline:

Anyone know if the UVerse service will also have a static IP?

uverse offers blocks of public ip's this cost extra

The uverse dynamic public ip will rarely change once it is allocated
dave006
join:1999-12-26
Boca Raton, FL

dave006 to EOLonline

to EOLonline
said by EOLonline:

.....The old DSL service came with a static IP -an option they offered and which I accepted. It was free. Anyone know if the UVerse service will also have a static IP? If it will, same IP or something else? Will there be a cost for it?

Thanks!

Patrick

U-verse is a differnet IP network so you will be assigned a new Sticky IP U-verse address. It does not change.

If you want or need Static IPs they are available in the following blocks:

Standard blocks of IPs are available from AT&T for the following costs:

8 $15
16 $25
32 $30
64 $35
128 $40

Note: 3 IPs are not available in each block as they are reserved for the router's address, the network address and the network broadcast address.

Dave
EOLonline
join:2007-01-17
Atlanta, GA

EOLonline

Thanks, everybody. The replies are much appreciated.

My DSL line is down as of tonight. Today was the day they said Uverse would be live, however they haven't actually shipped the RG yet.