Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

Pictures

Don't if this is the proper place.

I'm going to Puerto Rico to visit in a couple of months and will be taking lots of pictures. I wanted to be able to upload them and send to friends via an e-mial link to that site that has the pix. I have Flickr account that doesn't give me the capability to do that (unless I missed something). Does anybody know where I can go to a website and upload pictures, then send an e-mail link for people to see? I got friends that live in different part of the state and my family lives in Florida and I went them all to see my pictures.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Drop Box should. You can either e-mail them the picture or folder.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

drew to Boricua

Premium Member

to Boricua
said by Boricua:

I have Flickr account that doesn't give me the capability to do that (unless I missed something).

Unfortunately, you did.
Fortunately, I'm here.

You can find this set of icons on pretty much any of your pages, from sets, to collections to individual items. I highly recommend organizing your photos from a trip like that into multiple sets and then into one large collection. (Such as: Puerto Rico Summer Vacation (Collection) > Day 1 - Arrival (Set), Day 2 - Party (Set) and so on).

You can enter multiple e-mail addresses here. Unfortunately, there's no "distribution list" feature here. Maybe send it to yourself and forward using your e-mail client?

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

I uploaded old pictures I have and sent a link from Flickr to my work e-mail address. TIA if this works.
Boricua

Boricua to drew

Premium Member

to drew
said by drew:

You can find this set of icons on pretty much any of your pages, from sets, to collections to individual items. I highly recommend organizing your photos from a trip like that into multiple sets and then into one large collection. (Such as: Puerto Rico Summer Vacation (Collection) > Day 1 - Arrival (Set), Day 2 - Party (Set) and so on).

Are there instructions for this (you mentioned)? I will be in Puerto Rico for 3 weeks and would like to have it organized. Thank you.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

How are you planning on uploading the photos? Directly from a camera (phone)? Are you going to have a full fledged computer (laptop, netbook) or only a tablet?

I ask because that'll change my recommendation.

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

It'll be a digital camera and I'm taking my laptop to upload my pictures to.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

2 recommendations

drew

Premium Member

First up, get familiar with »www.flickr.com/photos/organize/ the "Organizr" It's how you can do batch operations with photos you upload. You can select a group of photos and add to a set or add to a collection.

The next item I'd check out is the "Uploadr" »www.flickr.com/tools/uploadr/ - From this flickr utility, you can upload your photos in a batch and set your titles/descriptions and tags (use tags if you want random people to come across them) and most importantly add the photos to a set during upload. You can even create the set if it doesn't exist already.
drew

1 recommendation

drew

Premium Member

Some FAQ/help links:

»www.flickr.com/help/faq/ (Overall Flickr FAQ)
»www.flickr.com/help/organizr/ (Organizr FAQ)
»www.flickr.com/help/collections/ (Sets & Collections FAQ)

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

Thank you for all your help, I truly appreciate it.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

You're welcome!