Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbchris2nd
Joke Factory

join:2010-09-03
Australia

Issues with pointing a domain to a hosting

I have a domain from Company A and bought a space from Company B. Now I want to point my domain from Company A to Company B nameserver.

Company B gave me the nameserver that I need to point.

When I logged in to Company A cPanel there is already 4 different nameservers configured. I can't modify nor delete it so my option is to create a subdomain (ex. forum.mydomain.com) and point it to Company B nameserver.

After 24 hours I checked the forum.mydomain.com but could not get to the forum using the computer. I tried it on my iPhone using Safari browser but no luck. When I tried Opera browser on the iPhone it work and I can even login to forums Administration.

I can't figure it out why it won't work on the computer but it work on the Opera browser on the iPhone.

Did I miss something?
--
Be brave even if you're not. Pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.

luma
Premium
join:2004-08-17
Port Coquitlam, BC

You don't modify the nameservers in Company A's cpanel.

You don't need company A's cpanel if you are going to use Company B for hosting.

Company A should have a portal (or if they are not modern you may need to open a support ticket) to change the nameservers at the registrar level and not the hosting level.

Hope this helps.

PS: who is company A if you don't mind sharing we can provide better instructions for you most likely.

Luma