Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to breynolds

Re: How does Brighthouse compare to Comcast?

your actually incorrect about the business phone. They have all kinds of set ups for business (large ones at that). I dont know the details of how they do it but I know they have solutions for large businesses. There is a whole depatment (Abs, advanced business solutions) just for those customers.

The pq is going to be about the same as what you had with comcast.
The overall product is very very similar, the difference is going to be with the service provided (its much better here)

voipnpots

join:2011-10-13
USA
reply to breynolds

When it comes to Enterprise, I automatically think of AT&T.

AT&T seems to be the master of complex network setups. Frame Relay, VPN, WAN - when all those terms come to mind, I think of AT&T (and Cisco!). Never cable companies...but cable companies are implying that they're "an alternative" to the "phone company" for all this advanced stuff nowadays.

They make it seem like you can leave AT&T behind you and get more cutting-edge, cheap services. But it leaves me wondering if they really do have the capability to actually do what they mention in their marketing.

breynolds

join:2012-02-15
Melbourne, FL

Well, I can tell you that when we first went to BHN here at work for our employee Internet access, we had some problems. It's been pretty stable for a while now, so I guess they finally fixed it.

At my house, I've had BHN (formerly TWC) for broadband Internet service for 11-12 years. I've very rarely had a problem... and usually just a modem reset fixes it. I think there were 1 or 2 times that the modem actually needed to be replaced... but we do live in the lightning capital of the world here in Florida.

But I can tell you this... if BHN was our telephone provider here at work... and we had an outtage... heads would roll!
--
Brian Reynolds, Melbourne, Florida

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:131
reply to voipnpots

said by voipnpots:

I forgot to add that the 20/4 I have with Comcast includes PowerBoost - the actual speed is 12/2.

I just looked on the Bright House website, and they only seem to serve a limited number of areas; I assume this allows them to achieve a higher customer satisfaction.

Hi there...

Our Turbo 20 is an actual 20/2 plus turbo boost which brings you to anywhere from 20 to 28 for the initial few seconds depending on what you are downloading.

If you need anything or if I can help with the move holler at me. I'll be back in town tomorrow evening
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to voipnpots

said by voipnpots:

When it comes to Enterprise, I automatically think of AT&T.

AT&T seems to be the master of complex network setups. Frame Relay, VPN, WAN - when all those terms come to mind, I think of AT&T (and Cisco!). Never cable companies...but cable companies are implying that they're "an alternative" to the "phone company" for all this advanced stuff nowadays.

They make it seem like you can leave AT&T behind you and get more cutting-edge, cheap services. But it leaves me wondering if they really do have the capability to actually do what they mention in their marketing.

Woa there. We can supply with virtually any connectivity you could possibly need. Don't discount us without first checking things out. If you want me to have one of our business class people call you let me know
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

voipnpots

join:2011-10-13
USA

Oh, no, thank you! I don't have any business needs, I was just researching the products.

If I do end up moving, I'm definitely going with Bright House.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by voipnpots:

Oh, no, thank you! I don't have any business needs, I was just researching the products.

If I do end up moving, I'm definitely going with Bright House.

Thank you! When you get ready open a direct forums thread here and I can get that all setup for you.
--