Reviews:
·Google Voice
·Verizon FiOS
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
reply to MxxCon

Re: nevertheless

said by MxxCon:

Looks like you've been brainwashed and/or jaded by Verizon a bit too much.
There are no "franchise fee" or "various taxes" or "USF". This is all bullshit blatant lie fees that Verizon charges, and it looks like they convinced people that those are legitimate.

This

Below is my CV bill from last month. Verizon does like to play paddy wagon with their bills.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
so the bill you full price for a cable card as the full box? Outlet + card rent fee.

under FCC law

Pay only for equipment you have. Your operator must give you a discount on any packages that include the price of a set-top box if you choose to use your own CableCARD-enabled device.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Google Voice
·Verizon FiOS
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
I'm not being billed for equipment, just a "premium outlet" fee. The company is assuming that because I'm renting two cable cards, I'm being served with an additional cable line to provide service to the second card.

In reality, I have a single coax drop coming in with a 3-way splitter; two legs for each cable card-enabled multituner and one cable modem.

I could argue with them to run an additional coax to the tap so that I'm accurately receiving this "premium outlet" that I'm being charged for, but it's kind of silly when it works fine with just one drop.

The video and Internet services are being billed at the promotional discounted rate through November of this year.

Churn

@151.190.0.x
reply to Network Guy
I see CV stopped printing when your promo(s) expires, so you won't get any warning before your bill jumps up. Pretty sneaky.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Yup. You have to remember for yourself. I know my promo expires around Thanksgiving so they're not pulling that fast one on me

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to Churn
You will still receive a letter one month in advance when your promo expires. I just received mine a week or so ago and was able to get the triple play extended for a year. The rep even included Showtime, Starz and the On Demands. I guess this is the deep discounting that will no longer be offered by the Disconnect Dept.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Churn
said by Churn :

I see CV stopped printing when your promo(s) expires, so you won't get any warning before your bill jumps up. Pretty sneaky.

they don't print it on every bill but they send a separate letter and i believe print it on your bill a month in advance.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]