uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

Printing - B&W by default

Using an HP all-in-one printer (4500 series), how do you make the default option for printing to be black and white ? I know how to override it each time, but that's a pain...

On Windows, one would access the printer through the control panel and configure it this way and it would apply across the board. You would see the same options as if you'd hit "Properties" from teh printer dialog that the app launches. Here though, I can define the default paper size only... Digging through all of the tabs, buttons, etc doesn't show anything to allow me to do this.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
In the OS X Print pane, when you set it to Black and White select "Save Current Settings as Preset..." from the Presets menu. Then when you go to print next time you can just select the Preset instead of going through the menus.

I'm not sure if you can make that custom preset your default, though.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Hall
Premium,MVM
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
I think I've tried that and it does eliminate steps (clicks). I've even created a couple of my own presets there (Fast draft, B&W; Normal draft, B&W...)

I was looking for a way to eliminate as many as possible though !

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Hall
Yeah I'd like a solution to this as well, one my coworkers wishes he could default print to tray 3 on our laser printer, but I couldnt figure out a way to make it default.
--
GO LEAFS GO!

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
Hoboken, NJ
reply to Thinkdiff
My printer uses the preset as default.