how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zbestwun2001

join:2005-12-08
Van Nuys, CA

Unable to change setting in website.

My business calls were forwarded to my friends house yesterday when I was there.
When I came home and tried to change the setting back to normal I get this message:
An error has occurred with our application. Please try again. If you continue having problems, you can contact Member Services for further assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is since yesterday.. I really need to change that setting. This is costing me $$ and it's a great inconvenience.

Can you tell me what is going on?

mauser

@comcast.net
same issue here. see my post below regarding DO NOT FORWARD/DO NOT DISTURB setting. now i know it's not just my phone - it's a site-wide issue.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
I know... I called them and got the ''we are working on it'' routine.

mauser

@comcast.net
so they are aware of the issue, or did they have no idea until you called? hopefully they are working on this for everyone...

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
they are aware of it

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

1 recommendation

reply to mauser
said by mauser :

so they are aware of the issue, or did they have no idea until you called? hopefully they are working on this for everyone...

Not to sound mean spirited but  ...  zbetwun2001 and mauser  ...  you appear to be the only two remaining customers!   The last new thread, and posts within those threads from someone other than you two (excluding comical/sarcastic comments), was in August of last year!

If there is indeed a system-wide problem  ...  and if there actually were a significant remaining customer base  ...  would we not expect to see more responses in this thread?!?!  I rest my case. 

Honestly, what keeps you folks from leaving TB (sounds like an infectious disease = Tuberculosis) and moving to another provider? 

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
Honestly, TB usually is tolerable

Who did you switch too.. I've been with these guys so long I really don't know what's out there.

...but yes, I did notice after I posted ... NO ONE HAS BEEN HERE IN AGES..

Sad, the page for DSL Extreme here, is better than calling into their customer support to get things resolved.. I guess I'm spoiled by them.

Have a good one!!

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

1 recommendation

Helplessness!

If you jump into the main VoIP Forum ... »VOIP Tech Chat ... you can catch up on the popular and far more satisfying providers ... with good rates, excellent features, fine support, and consistent service.

First off, a check of »/gbu will give you an overview of the levels of satisfaction among the BBR Members for each of the providers.

Let's provide each of your VoIP options with a label, so others can might in and make further suggestions within each category.

Option A:  If you have small to moderate monthly usage (less than 1000 or so USA/Canada incoming and outgoing monthly minutes) and are OK with providing your own ATA (device), you should look at Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) providers.  Such providers charge a minimal monthly fee in addition to per minute charges for incoming and outgoing minutes:  Voip.ms, CallCentric, Anveo, Future Nine, CallWithUs, etc.

Option B:  If you have small to moderate usage (less than 1000 or so incoming and outgoing monthly minutes) but prefer that the VoIP provider supplies you with a pre-set ATA (device), you should look at lower priced vendors:  Future Nine, NetTalk, Ooma.

Option C:  If you have moderate to heavy monthly usage and are OK with providing your own ATA (device), you should look at providers who have fixed monthly rate plans with "unlimited" (to a point) calling:  Voip.ms, CallCentric.

Option D:  If you have moderate to heavy monthly usage but prefer that the VoIP supplies with a pre-set ATA (device) and are OK with fixed monthly rate plans with "unlimited" (to a point) calling, you should look at VOIPo, PhonePower, VoicePulse

Option E:  If you are more interested in making international calls, you should do a BBR Forums "Search" using parameters such as "calls to India", "international VoIP calling", etc. ... or start a new thread in the main VoIP Forum asking others to suggest providers that suit your calling needs.

Overall, as most of us have seen following the collapse of SunRocket and the mystical rise of TB from the ashes, most all of the other VoIP providers (except MagicJack) have far surpassed TB in just about every aspect of VoIP service: pricing, features, support, reliability, etc.  And when a BBR member has problems with or questions about any of the other "popular" providers, scores of responses pour out of the ether.

I may have unintentionally left out some suitable providers' names ... or service plans that I was not aware of ... but I would hope that others would jump in with their comments --- even though this is, after all, the rarely viewed TB sub-Forum.  If nobody shows up, start a thread here: »VOIP Tech Chat.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA
reply to zbestwun2001

Re: Unable to change setting in website.

Thanks a lot.

zbestwun2001

Van Nuys, CA

4 edits
reply to zbestwun2001
I'm going to take some time today to research some other VOIP providers.

I added up my monthly usage for the last two months. The highest total I got for those two months was mid 800's. So, based on that.. it sounds like 1000 might be the number

I am reading good things about CallCentric.

WOW!! Look at all the features CallCentric has.. look what I've been missing out on!

I imagine that this TB ATA is worthless as far as BYOD.

My ATA is compatible.. reading how to unlock it.. and one thing you need to do is unchecked auto-config. Well, on my control page that isn't even there and it's the exact one they are talking about.

See this picture.. exactly same as mine.. same build etc.. but no auto config tab exists... strange.

»www.voipvoip.com/sunrocket-gizmo···211.html