KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1

1 recommendation

[Firmware] Linksys E4200 V1 Firmware Update Ver.1.0.04 (Build 11

Last Release Date: Feb 21, 2012
Last Firmware version: 1.0.04 (build 11)

- Added Enabled/Disabled feature for Wi-Fi Protected Setup in the web configuration
- Added WPS lockdown feature
- Fixed Linux kernel IPv6 fragment identification remote Denial-of-Service vulnerability
- Fixed Router cannot get a WAN IP address form some ISP
- Fixed Internet Access Policy issue when disabling Parental Control
- Fixed some minor bugs

»homedownloads.cisco.com/download···code.bin

Very important folks that you upgrade to this new firmware. It fixes the WPS Reaver hack that is going around right now. You are now able to completely disable WPS and change passphrase.

John137

@vsnl.net.in

Re: [Firmware] Linksys E4200 V1 Firmware Update Ver.1.0.04 (Buil

Great..Any screenshots ?

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
screenshots of what particularly?

eots

join:2003-02-04
reply to KoRnGtL15
I upgraded and found this firmware screws up port forwarding. After several days the ports just stop forwarding and the router had to be rebooted to get the forwarding to work properly again.

wmckin734

@comcast.net
I'm having the same issue but with Internet policy on the same firmware

eots

I also have a policy for the port forwarding that only allows internet access between specific hours for the IP address I'm forwarding the ports to. So your policy issue and my port forwarding issue are likely the same, it was probably the policy that stopped working properly and caused the port forwarding to fail.

So it appears there is a bug with this latest firmware.

eots

reply to KoRnGtL15
Links also needs to stop restricting the DDNS to just DynDNS and TZO, neither of which are free anymore. At least D-Link provides their own free DDNS service on their routers. It's about time Linksys opened up the DDNS options on all of their routers.

Nate425
Premium
join:2005-02-03
Charlottesville, VA
The basic option is still free with dyndns. I use it with my router fine. But yeah, they should have more options available.

eots

I guess you haven't been to their site lately, there are no more free options. Try signing up for a new account and the lowest level is $20 a month, this is not free. Old free accounts may still be working for now but that may change shortly.

This is why Linksys needs to pull their heads out of their back sides and either setup their own DDNS service like D-Link or remove the restrictions on the supported DDNS services.

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL

1 edit
i still have 5 free accounts from dyndns.org, but i have been on their site for 8+ years.

i heard you can still get a free account if you sign up for the 30 days (free trial) and cancel before the 30 day period.

edit- ww.no-ip.org gives one free account, but not sure how popular that is in routers. i dont have a problem running a client updater on my PC. no-ip can be installed as a service, which is nice.

eots

You have to give your credit card to get the 14 day trial and not everyone has a credit card. Linksys needs to update the router firmware to allow customers to chose any of the free DDNS services or host one themselves like D-Link does.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
said by eots:

...Linksys needs to update the router firmware to allow customers to chose any of the free DDNS services or host one themselves like D-Link does.

I like this idea. With the amount of datacenters and servers and stuff that Cisco has, I see no reason why this can't be done.

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
personally, i like running it on 1 PC on my network and the router if i have that option. a while back (and this could have been bad hardware/firmware/unit) i was only using the updater in the linksys router GUI and it froze up/didnt update until i power cycled the unit.

this computer was at a remote location and i was using VNC, with a hostname, to get to the computer. obviously if dyndns didnt get my latest IP update i had no way of logging in. thankfully i had logmein (free) installed on that PC and i installed the dyndns client as soon as i was able to login.