I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164 to fifty nine

to fifty nine

Re: "Apple wants everything for nothing"

said by fifty nine:

Of course.

People who don't work in the industry ignore this. Producing content is not cheap and it's not easy.

Suuurrreee
We are talking about HOLLYWOOD here. The land where to make a film is say 20 mil and it makes 140 mil nationally. Then through the mechanism of creative financing. Not only is it a loss it can be worse then what they took in.

Also what Apple is trying to do runs counter to what the Content creators what from lemming err consumers. PAY PAY PAY again and again. Instead of trying to lower the price and make it easily available they want to restrict it and make it artificially high. Forcing people to look for less legal means for it.

What will be fun is when Apple gets tough and instead of going through the content creators. Uses that 100 bil on getting some laws changed. Heck if the MPAA can get laws written so can Apple.

Any way the fireworks are going to be fun.
28619103 (banned)
join:2009-03-01

1 recommendation

28619103 (banned)

said by mech1164:

What will be fun is when Apple gets tough and instead of going through the content creators. Uses that 100 bil on getting some laws changed. Heck if the MPAA can get laws written so can Apple.

Any way the fireworks are going to be fun.

What is Apple's leverage here and why should they get any special treatment over other distribution methods? Again, these are uneducated and naive statements around a much more complex industry.

Do I think content providers over charge? Yes. So does my cell phone, cable, gas bill, etc. But I don't see why Apple should get any special privileges to join into this game. It reminds me of Verizon saying they should get special privileges from cities and towns for video.

Apple is a 1/2 TRILLION dollar company! They are the poster child for over priced and proprietary products. No special privileges for Apple.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to mech1164

to mech1164
laws are in place to protect the content that is produced and OWNED by the companies that made it. NOT for companies like Apple with their iCrap products to come along and basically rob and bully the people they want products from.

No laws are going to protect Apple from this. And if Apple wants laws passed to get what they want; they better be writing a few checks to China since they decided they were going to steal the iPad brand and now are facing an export/import ban on that.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

said by 25139889:

laws are in place to protect the content that is produced and OWNED by the companies that made it. NOT for companies like Apple with their iCrap products to come along and basically rob and bully the people they want products from.

No laws are going to protect Apple from this. And if Apple wants laws passed to get what they want; they better be writing a few checks to China since they decided they were going to steal the iPad brand and now are facing an export/import ban on that.

Try pulling your personal bias out of your posts - they do you no good. You give apple WAY too much credit and not enough to, well, everyone else. Comcast has the largest OnDemand library because they used their size to bully content providers.. in the end Comcast got what they wanted and the broadcasters benefited from the enhanced exposure. Sometimes you have to drag idiots kicking and streaming into reality.

By the way.. jealous much? iCrap products make more in one hour than you will your entire life. Oh, and nice dig on apple and the China iPad issue.. It wasn't a "brand", Mr. Ill-Informed... it was simply the right to use a "name"... or "term" for something. Get it right.
Expand your moderator at work