All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Kilroy

to Kilroy

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

Had a weird experience last night, i went with my Spriest, i384 (no 4 piece bonus), did 30K on Ultraxion (I was somehow the best on the list), no biggie, someone dropped a feast and a cauldron! like what? he said he had dozens of cauldrons on his bags.. so OK.. we'll take it..

Group was OK first 2 bosses (I also did top DPS on warmaster at 25K), then a couple of arsehats hunters were killing all the corruptions on spine, after repeateadly being told to stop, too many amalgs = wipe, we kicked them both out, 2 new replacements and continued on with no problems.

Somehow I did 2.6M damage to the tendons.. like what? I don't do that on my i400 rogue! LOL

On madness I did 61K, also way above my rogue, I guess spell-weave was proccing a lot..

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

gratz.
djlar

djlar

Well out of the 8/8 bosses there was no priest tier drops, we were 6 priests 2 locks 4 pallies, 6,3,3 on the other run, so half the raid was very unhappy with the RNG.

I need either shoulder or legs and the staff, or cunning of the cruel.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
All this says is that SP's scale much better with haste than a rogue.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to djlar

to djlar
said by djlar:

Had a weird experience last night, i went with my Spriest, i384 (no 4 piece bonus)...On madness I did 61K, also way above my rogue, I guess spell-weave was proccing a lot..

>80% haste for 3/4 of Madness is why your sPriest was ballin' out. Plus the opportunity to DoT multiple targets. Like I said before, I do a good bit over 70k on that fight in LFR...substantially lower in a normal raid, ~48-50k.

And the verdict is still out on sPriest 4 piece for me. I very rarely change my rotation for the bonus, and when I do, I don't notice any markable gain in DPS. The times I do change it for the 4 piece bonus is when I need to burst oozes, burning tendons, blistering tentacles, or elementium bolts. It's really only worth adjusting when your Fiend is out, and the chances that it lines up with those isntances aren't very good. Even with the bonus I believe it is still a DPS loss to not use Fiend on CD.
djlar

djlar

Multi dot adds on Madness? rofl.. just mind sear them.. (there's no time to have the dots run off before adds die)..

On burning tendons is mind spike mind blast combos, you'll rip'em appart..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

said by djlar:

Multi dot adds on Madness? rofl.. just mind sear them.. (there's no time to have the dots run off before adds die)..

On burning tendons is mind spike mind blast combos, you'll rip'em appart..

Multi DoT Corruptions and Wing Tentacles...not Bloods, Tendons or Elementium Bolts. To do this you have to stand apart from the group a little, but honestly, it's LFR and you can ignore a lot of mechanics that you can't in regular.

At any given point I can have SW:P and VT on two extra targets while maintaining my normal rotation on whatever the main target is and Mind Searing the tank during Hemo or Mind Spike/Blasting the Elementium Bolts.

And Spike/Blasting the Tendons usually doesn't work too well, since they have like 300k health. I usually go Spike, Spike, SW:D then they are dead.

rofl..