spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wantmycredit

@teksavvy.com

[Homephone] Credit

I canceled my Bell home phone months ago and I keep getting the monthly bill with a credit on it. When will I get a cheque for the amount of the credit?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

90 days I think?

If the credit is too small, they won't cash it out. Best to call Bell and ask if you want to know for sure.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

Don't they have to, no matter the amount?

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Wantmycredit

I recall posts about people saying it can take months.
I would call in and keep bugging them about it. Frankly there is no reason why they can't issue the refund within 30 days, if it takes them longer you might try issuing a complaint with the CCTS.

Fernboy61

join:2011-11-23
Quebec, QC
reply to Wantmycredit

I am experiencing the same issue with Videotron. They owe me 64$ and I left 3 months ago. I guess I'll receive it sometime down the road.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

Wow, I would be calling them daily demanding my money. File a complaint with the CCTS.
»www.ccts-cprst.ca/

For Bell users (current or former) which have waited longer then a month for a credit I recommend you file a complaint with Bell (»support.bell.ca/en-on/Customer_s···omplaint) starting with step one and also fill out a complaint with the CCTS.

newBell

@bell.ca
reply to Wantmycredit

When I moved mine to TekSavvy, it took roughly two months, which sort of made sense: first final bill showed credit, which I argued for the how the calculations of the credit was made, so a second final bill was received, then the cheque. I don't know if they would issue the cheque right after the first final bill

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Wantmycredit

I actually got my refund cheque from Bell (all $7.61 of it) roughly two months after my home phone service was cancelled (final drop dead date for the home line was Nov 19/11 and the cheque was produced on February 10/12) so I think for Bell the clock doesn't start ticking to cut the cheque until after the disconnection has in fact gone through (which does make sense if you think about it)

NefCanuck