spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nhb

@rr.com

Tuning Adapter for Windows Media Center

Does brighthouse offer a tuning adapter for windows media center so i can receive the encrypted channels? I already have a tuner card but it can only receive clear qam.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bright House
well, you need a cable card for the encrypted channels and the tuning adapter for the switched digital channels. BHNtech would have to give you the for sure answer, I know bhn has tuning adapters but im not 100% sure that they work with the media center (although Im pretty sure they do)

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to nhb
said by nhb :

Does brighthouse offer a tuning adapter for windows media center so i can receive the encrypted channels? I already have a tuner card but it can only receive clear qam.

You need one of our cable card and tuning adapters. They should work with your media center. Post a direct forums thread here and I can take care of it for you if you want.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

cmcasey79

join:2000-12-10
Allen Park, MI
kudos:1
reply to nhb
One thing the couple guys above didn't ask... Do you have a CableCard tuner, or just a ClearQAM tuner on your Media Center PC?

If you don't have a CableCard tuner, there's no way you can receive any encrypted channels. If you do have a CableCard tuner, then you'll need the CableCard and Tuning Adapter, as mentioned above.
--
- cmcasey79, BrightHouse Michigan RoadRunner Turbo, Farmington Hills, MI

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to nhb
Very good point CM and thank you. BTW nice to see you again Don't be so scarce