share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Verizon & MetroPCS sued; the rest don't care

»www.wirelessweek.com/News/2012/0···d-Legal/

The ruling is a largely procedural victory for Verizon and MetroPCS, who first filed suit over the open Internet rules last January. The operators claim that the FCC overstepped its authority in issuing the order, which passed by a 3-2 vote in December 2010.

Verizon and MetroPCS declined to comment on the latest development in the case. Verizon stated in its complaint that the regulations are "arbitrary, capricious, and an abuse of discretion... contrary to constitutional right and is otherwise contrary to law."

A spokesman for the FCC did not return interview requests by press time.

AT&T, U.S. Cellular and T-Mobile USA have largely shrugged off the rules, saying it will be business as usual once they are in effect.

The FCC's ability to regulate broadband providers could be seriously undermined if it loses the latest suit over its net neutrality rules.

Looks like Sprint has no comments on either side of this issue.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

Sprint will decide with who wins. That's their stance on a lot lately. Unless they get pissed off about something.- like the ATT-TMO USA deal.

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to FFH

Verizon might be fighting the fcc authority because of the conditions put on their 700Mhz C block spectrum, which so far seems to be limiting Verizon throttling to only it's 3G network, it's just a theory but it does seem to fit.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by MovieLover76:

Verizon might be fighting the fcc authority because of the conditions put on their 700Mhz C block spectrum, which so far seems to be limiting Verizon throttling to only it's 3G network, it's just a theory but it does seem to fit.

Didn't AT&T also get some of that 700mhz spectrum in the auction? And they don't seem worried about any conditions.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/