how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Techie714

join:2005-08-02
Anaheim, CA

Canon G1 X Vs. Sony NEX-5N

So I just finished selling all my camera gear.
Canon XSi
Sigma 17-70mm Lens
Lens Filters
Back Pack
Etc. Etc.

The reason I sold all this stuff was because I rarely used it & I want something that has the manual options & quality of a DSLR in a smaller form factor. So I've been looking around & I "think" I've narrowed it down to these two cameras in my budget. I'd like to get your folks opinions on which one I should choose? I like the Sony because it has a longer focal point for those longer shots, but the cannon has some amazing features & larger sensor. Thanks folks!

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
The Sony is an APS-C sensor, the same size as the Canon you just sold (in reality a tiny bit larger than the XSi). The G1X has a smaller sensor (though not small). The Sony is an interchangeable lens camera, the Canon is not.

Techie714

join:2005-08-02
Anaheim, CA
My Canon XSi was huge & it appears the Sony is much smaller in size. I really do like the small form factor of that Sony though...

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Oh, the camera is tons smaller, just not the sensor. The Sony certainly gives you more options as far as lenses go, but I haven't done a side by side for features. As an aside, people really seem to love the sensor in the Nex-7.