spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Reefcrazed

@uscourts.gov

[AL] Down again

I actually purchased Business internet at my house, which cost a lot more to be able to get a static ip address. I definitely am feeling the Mediacom pain. It is 2:24 on a Friday, lost all connection yet again and pinging my house from work, nothing. I work from my home on occasion and remotely connect to my house during the day when I am at my office. Is there any way of getting out of the business mediacom contract. If they cannot hold up their end of the deal then I see where we have no contract. Every time I call I get the same thing, that there was work in my area and it killed my connection.

I had been on DSL for 6 years and can only remember two disconnects and they were very brief.

Chidori

@digidyne.net
Mobile area by chance? I haven't been able connect to my home pc in Grand Bay for the last couple of hours either. :|

caseywor

join:2004-04-19
Orlando, FL
reply to Reefcrazed
I just called the support line, 888-274-5966, a message says they have had an "unplanned outage in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama." I am glad for the option tethering my phone.

Erb

@spcsdns.net
Tornado hit huntsville al that's why it's down from what I know

sharkcat313

join:2001-12-01
Fairhope, AL
reply to Chidori
Down here in Fairhope, time 700pm

Abcd

@spcsdns.net
Down in mobile... 7 pm.

Wise877

join:2011-10-01
Navarre, FL
It's back up in the Florida Panhandle.

Reefcrazed

@dragonsofmist.com
Back up in Mobile. I am the OP, this is what gets me. When I had DSL, Katrina rolled though here, we all lost people, no one had cable. But DSL worked, phones did not. Mediacom ever heard of redundancy ? I called my business account rep, I want out of this contract, this is B.S. For what I paid for this line, I could have 50/5 cable instead of 25/2 or whatever it is. It is not just this instance, this crap boots me off sometimes multiple times a day, but the time I get support on the phone, it comes back up but that is not acceptable. In this day and age people rely on the internet to work.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
reply to Reefcrazed
While there was an large outage yesterday evening, I would like to take a look at your connection and see if there are any other signal issues here. Can you PM your account information to me?

sealesa

@mchsi.com
reply to Reefcrazed
Down again this morning in Daphne and Fairhope, AL. The worst customer support service ever!

yerboy

@myvzw.com
I live in NE Huntsville and my mediacom service has been down since about 9am Friday morning.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to sealesa
Sealesa & yerboy,

If you could send me your telephone# or mac address I can check your connection for you and see what is going on.

reefcrazed

join:2012-03-03
Mobile, AL
reply to Reefcrazed
Got up at 7am, DNS is resolving but gateway is not responding. What things I can ping are extremely slow. I could not even get to Google Docs to get my account number and Mediacom phone number to report an issue. I went into my office and have them on the phone now.

He is telling me I have 57% packet loss on the phone. This is a new subdivision, new lines. For a business account this sucks. I am seeing no advantage to paying more $ for this.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to Reefcrazed
That is not the level of service you should be received from Mediacom. I see there is a service call scheduled for this afternoon to address this problem.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
I am pretty much a power user, and have been way before even dial-up. If I remember right Mediacom was originally Cablevision ? If so i was one of the first in Mobile to get cable internet, I happily paid the high installation fee at the time. The issue was it would go down almost every Friday around 5pm and sometimes not come back up until Monday morning. I am bringing up the past for a reason. It left a bad taste in my mouth. When I finally switched over to DSL, it was slower but over a 6 year period I cannot recall it ever going out, when it even acted up it was only for maybe 30 minutes. The upstream was slow as hell but reliable.

Since then I have always had the best, before this "business internet" I had residential Mediacom 5/50 and was fairly happy with it. I do not want to have to switch to U-Verse but what option do I have ? I would rather be somewhat slower and not have to leave home to send an email.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL

1 edit
reply to MediacomChad
Chad if this is not the level of service I should be receiving, what should I be getting ? And why am I not getting it ?

I am weighing my options here. I would rather just have it work correctly. I have put a lot of time into having my services hosted here in my home instead of hosted outside. I could go with shared hosting, and that may be an option if I cannot get a resolution. It is 1pm now, this was first noticed by me around 7am so that is 6 hours. Time is money and this is now costing me money.

My website is crawling when it even comes up, SMTP incoming and outgoing is almost non-existent. I cannot even remote into my domain, ping to my i.p. is around 80ms from my office at work but there is so much packet loss I cannot get to anything.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
So 11 hours, it is finally repaired. The guy calls at 5:30pm, shows up and is here an hour. A bad Modem.

He says he has not business modems so I lose my Cisco and get a Scientific Atlanta, but it is working. I never received a promised call from my business rep, who was supposed to call.

I do not feel like a business customer, most business are closed at 5pm and I have never had a mediacom guy come out during the day. I have had them come out as late as 7pm.

The guy was nice enough, and they normally are but this is my breaking point. Two days this month my internet has been down the entire day.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
reply to Reefcrazed
Only been 2 months, down yet again. Just got the first bill on Saturday and paid it. 2 days later down again

I called support and he was baffled saying that my modem was connected to something but he could not see it anywhere on their network, whatever that means. I also tried my spare modem, the new Motorola and the same thing.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I show it is offline due to a signal related issue. There is a trouble call in but it looks like it is scheduled pretty far out. I would be more than happy to put in an earlier date request on your behalf.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
Well definitely.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have that submitted. I will keep you posted if they're able to obtain a sooner date.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
Time frame ? This is the first time they did not at least come out to check on me the first day.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Still no ETA. If they are able to get a sooner date I will let you know.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
reply to Reefcrazed
Tomorrow will be 3 days down Chad, come on I know someone can get out here. I am paying Mediacom $80 a month for internet service and now paying ATT so I can tether my cell phone and work. The reason I have kept Mediacom is the techs do normally show up after 5pm the same day. Now they are not even doing that.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
As soon as I hear back I will let you know.

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1
reply to reefcrazed
so wait, you have business class right? i thought business class got priority?

FreedTech

join:2011-02-24
united state
reply to Reefcrazed
Hmmm.... we are required to respond to a Business service call within two hours in this area.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
reply to Reefcrazed
I originally had Mediacom business and they were waiting over a day to get to me, so I was thinking "why have business if I was getting residential support", mainly because the same tech came out and they were coming out at 5-8pm every time. Most businesses close after 5pm here, it did not seem like business support to me. So I just went back down to residential when it dropped out last time, for 2 or 3 days if I remember right.

My wife does not usually put input into anything regarding computers and internet but she cannot even pay bills right now. We are going to have to wait when both of us are home so my cell phone is here with a laptop to tether it. She is telling me to drop Mediacom for good this time, I think she has had enough.

I had two customers I had to work on last night and the bandwidth going through a tethered laptop through a cell phone, well let's just say it took me twice as long to remotely work on them.

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1
ah, reminds me of the commercial they have been running about there new appointment times, the part that got me was "before school? no problem, will be there between 8am and 9am" first time i heard it i was like, wait a second, school down here starts at 8:20am so how the heck is that before school? (yeah i know this has nothing to do with school, but just emphasizing the scheduling none sense)

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
Yes, I was at my parents that has Mediacom cable T.V., which I do not. There was a commercial about the increased response times. My older sister was laughing because she knows how much I rely on the internet and theirs is working right now.