MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116
reply to reefcrazed

Re: [AL] Down again

I have that submitted. I will keep you posted if they're able to obtain a sooner date.

reefcrazed

join:2012-03-03
Mobile, AL

Time frame ? This is the first time they did not at least come out to check on me the first day.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Still no ETA. If they are able to get a sooner date I will let you know.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
reply to Reefcrazed

Tomorrow will be 3 days down Chad, come on I know someone can get out here. I am paying Mediacom $80 a month for internet service and now paying ATT so I can tether my cell phone and work. The reason I have kept Mediacom is the techs do normally show up after 5pm the same day. Now they are not even doing that.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

As soon as I hear back I will let you know.

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1
reply to reefcrazed

so wait, you have business class right? i thought business class got priority?

FreedTech

join:2011-02-24
united state
reply to Reefcrazed

Hmmm.... we are required to respond to a Business service call within two hours in this area.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL
reply to Reefcrazed

I originally had Mediacom business and they were waiting over a day to get to me, so I was thinking "why have business if I was getting residential support", mainly because the same tech came out and they were coming out at 5-8pm every time. Most businesses close after 5pm here, it did not seem like business support to me. So I just went back down to residential when it dropped out last time, for 2 or 3 days if I remember right.

My wife does not usually put input into anything regarding computers and internet but she cannot even pay bills right now. We are going to have to wait when both of us are home so my cell phone is here with a laptop to tether it. She is telling me to drop Mediacom for good this time, I think she has had enough.

I had two customers I had to work on last night and the bandwidth going through a tethered laptop through a cell phone, well let's just say it took me twice as long to remotely work on them.

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1

ah, reminds me of the commercial they have been running about there new appointment times, the part that got me was "before school? no problem, will be there between 8am and 9am" first time i heard it i was like, wait a second, school down here starts at 8:20am so how the heck is that before school? (yeah i know this has nothing to do with school, but just emphasizing the scheduling none sense)

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL

Yes, I was at my parents that has Mediacom cable T.V., which I do not. There was a commercial about the increased response times. My older sister was laughing because she knows how much I rely on the internet and theirs is working right now.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to Reefcrazed

I haven't been able to get this moved up yet. The lead dispatcher for your area is aware of the sooner appointment request. If any cancellations come in they will get in touch with you.

reefcrazed

Mobile, AL

So I am on the phone with support, was on 15 minutes and then he hung up on me.

I immediately call back and get a guy, somewhat nicer and he tells me there is an outage in my area. When I called the other day they said there was no outage. Now they are saying the tech will not even be out till the 4th ? You have to be kidding me, the 4th ??

He credits me for a week of internet. I do not want credit, I have to work and I went ahead and ordered U-Verse and they are going to have it installed before Mediacom can even get a tech out and more than likely he still will not have it fixed according to the guy on the phone.

Chad I have given Mediacom multiple chances, multiple and this thread proves I have given them many times to get this right. I want out of my contract and I think since a contract is between two parties and I have always paid my bill as soon as I got it I have lived up to my end of the contract. Mediacom though has not lived up to their end of the contract but they are wanting to charge me $240 early termination fee. When I moved from Business I could had terminated then with no early termination fee because of the problems I had, it was noted on my account. When I bumped down to residential I had to do a new contract and now they are saying I cannot get out of it.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to Reefcrazed

I understand you're frustrated with the service and time for the service call. It is not our intention to make you wait that long but unfortunately we haven't been able to get a sooner appointment. I will continue to work on moving your service call up and I will also PM you further about the specifics on your account.