uniqs
share rss forum feed

pwnage
Powdered Toast Man
Premium
join:2004-03-20
ComeByChance

Flash brackets

Looking for a flash bracket, need all the help I can get. Need one that will allow quick switch from landscape to portrait, having the flash above the camera at all times.

What are the brands I should be looking at? Stroboframe? Need one on a budget though, hot shoe included.

I use ebay a lot, so if you got a link, let me know.

I'm using a Canon 60d and 430ex II.

Thanks

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
kudos:3

1 edit
I can't speak for other flash brackets, but I have the Stroboframe Pro-RL. I bought it for a wedding a few years ago and haven't used it since. It did the job. Rotating the camera from landscape to portrait can be a bit awkward and holding the setup with your left hand for long periods of time can be tiring. It has a little kickstand so the camera doesn't fall over when you set it on a flat surface. You will need a shoe mount and an off-camera shoe cord for the flash, though. Also, if you do decide to go with this bracket, I'd suggest getting an anti-twist plate, too. Otherwise, with the camera mounted to the flash bracket mount, the camera will want to twist. The little cork pad doesn't work very well. Like I said, it does the job, but it is a bit clumsy to use. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to pwnage
Second vote for Stroboframe. I have the Pro-Digital Folding bracket. No issues with the camera twisting, but agree with SandShark's comment about flipping the flash being a bit awkward.

I use mine with a Nikon sync cord or with the flash in wireless remote mode.
--
I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion.

redhat1968

join:2000-10-17
Appleton, WI
reply to pwnage
Stroboframe has a 3rd vote from me...