uniqs

ReVeLaTeD
Premium Member
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA

ReVeLaTeD to wesm

Premium Member

to wesm

Re: [FiOS] No online signup? Are you serious bro?

Seems to be a wash. According to a rep, after a 11-minute hold,
"...the ordering system has been down since February 29th and will be down through March 9th"

That's a fairly large outage. If planned, it was poorly so.
Cyberian75
join:2004-03-16
Beaverton, OR

Cyberian75

said by ReVeLaTeD:

Current customers were notified in advance. They're redesigning their billing system, probably converting from Verizon's.

wavztech
@frontiernet.net

wavztech to ReVeLaTeD

Anon

to ReVeLaTeD
said by ReVeLaTeD:

"...the ordering system has been down since February 29th and will be down through March 9th"

As I stated clearly in about the third or fourth post in this thread, Frontier in WA and OR and a number of other states is in a massive conversion process - not just billing but over 400 back end former Verizon systems.

If you're asking for help, you should read what people post in response, bro.
rifleman69
join:2006-04-12
Beaverton, OR

rifleman69

said by wavztech :

said by ReVeLaTeD:

As I stated clearly in about the third or fourth post in this thread, Frontier in WA and OR and a number of other states is in a massive conversion process - not just billing but over 400 back end former Verizon systems.

Shouldn't this have been done right after the conversion?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Dunno but it was never the plan to do it back then.

wavztech
@frontiernet.net

wavztech to rifleman69

Anon

to rifleman69
said by rifleman69:

said by wavztech :

said by ReVeLaTeD:

Shouldn't this have been done right after the conversion?

It's been going on for a year. A phased process. You don't convert 400 plus systems that run 2/3s of a new company overnight.

Ask West Virginia how things went during their conversion? They were the only former Bell Atlantic area so they converted overnight. A nightmare, from what I've heard.
woodway1
join:2002-09-25
Woodinville, WA

woodway1

Let me tell you, calling for support here in WA during this conversion is a nightmare. Reps unable to find my account...I been asked multiple times for my account #, which I read off my bill..."no that's your old account number, what's your NEW account number?" (how the heck am I supposed to know that?)..."Are you a FIOS customer?"..."I cannot seem to find your account"...hours on hold. Hopefully the promised repair guys shows up today to fix my video which has been out for a week...

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

I left Frontier about a year ago. Several months ago I found an unopened letter that was a notice from a collections agency for around a $100 that I allegedly owed Frontier. My records showed I paid my final bill so I called the agency to dispute it or at least try to figure out what it was for. They said that Frontier pulled the claim back so they were no longer involved. I called Frontier and asked about, and they said that they had no records of anything prior to when Indiana was converted. I'm not the type of guy to argue if they are going to tell me I don't owe anything. I just can't imagine that they just "lose" all the previous billing records and account balances either.
Expand your moderator at work