Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Mik3NC

@rr.com
reply to TWCdude

Re: [TWC] New Modem = Speed Capped?

said by TWCdude:

Docsis 3 modems do not work with the power boost. If you do test now you should be seeing about 19.5 ish on the downloads

If this is the case, is there any benefits to docsis 3 at all on the speed package I'm currently at?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
If your on one single channel then no not till D3 is officially launched in your market there won't be a whole lot of difference. That same package though that I have here requires a D3 modem since it will be changed to 30/5 when D3 is officially launched here.

Mik3NC

@rr.com
said by CptGemini:

If your on one single channel then no not till D3 is officially launched in your market there won't be a whole lot of difference. That same package though that I have here requires a D3 modem since it will be changed to 30/5 when D3 is officially launched here.

The reason why I purchased the modem wasn't because I wanted a better QOS, but because I had to get a replacement modem and I thought it would be best to get a docsis 3 modem for future-proof. However, if I would have known that my speedboost would have been taken away, I would have went with something a lot cheaper in price. Very disappointing news. Wish I would have known.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6

1 edit
@djdanska: it does have speedboost, time warner just chooses not to use it with docsis 3 services