DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: Sams club tried stopping me, what can they do?

said by Snakeoil:

I've been tempted to stop at the store and buy some store brand soda. Then offer it to the strikers/protesters, as I imagine it can be thirsty work.

DO IT, and get pics.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Hayward0

Premium Member

to Hayward0
said by Hayward0:

They can't just read the time stamp??? Really took you an hour to get from the register to the door??... well maybe with some of the lines I've seen.

Well I know at the Sam's I've seen they have a food area just after the register area, so some people might hang around there for awhile before leaving

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to runnoft

Premium Member

to runnoft
Stopping you at the door is false imprisonment.
Technically they can't stop you, if the items have been paid for.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to fartness

Premium Member

to fartness
I just flipped my mattress two weeks ago, guys. You need to space these threads out a little better.

runnoft
Premium Member
join:2003-10-14
Nags Head, NC

runnoft to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

Stopping you at the door is false imprisonment.
Technically they can't stop you, if the items have been paid for.

I agree with you. Just walk past at a retail store. They'll let you go unless they think have cause not to in which case, since you're outside, they'll probably just call the police.

The warehouse club can use whatever means they want to identify you--in many cases, it really wouldn't be hard, since you had to use your membership card to check out and they have a photo of you with that, at least at Costco, and probably video of you at checkout and with the checker to put two and two together--and drop you. Now if you just walk past the club checker, they'll probably let you go, but if you harass the checker, I could see them going to the trouble to identify you if they wanted. Again if they know who you are, they can terminate your membership and keep your annual fee and any membership rebate due to you.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
The whole idea of this thread is to make people aware they can not always do that, Be it a membership revoked or the police called. People have become so self entitled that they think they can do what ever, If they own the place sure go for it, but private property such as sam's or costco, can cause you to lose your membership and be issued a trespassing citation. It really boggles the mind what has happened to society.

mod_wastrel
anonome
join:2008-03-28

mod_wastrel

And the more reluctant one is to have his/her receipt checked, the more suspicious the checker will be of the person--and more insistent about checking the receipt and the items being carried out.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

1 recommendation

thegeek to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

I just flipped my mattress two weeks ago, guys. You need to space these threads out a little better.

hey fucker, that's my joke

»Re: Ever decline a receipt checkers request?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_ to moes

Premium Member

to moes
said by moes:

The whole idea of this thread is to make people aware they can not always do that, Be it a membership revoked or the police called. People have become so self entitled that they think they can do what ever, If they own the place sure go for it, but private property such as sam's or costco, can cause you to lose your membership and be issued a trespassing citation. It really boggles the mind what has happened to society.

Who cares it would be a False Police report on their end. I am sure they would receive a fine for doing so.

Technically it's not trespassing in CA since the gates are open.(or no fence and locked.) and the door was opened for me.

This is how they repo your car
If your gate is open they can take it.
if the gate is closed and locked and they break the lock to gain entry. It's trespassing. Then such person would go to jail.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

You would never be allowed back on the property, I am just giving you the plain out facts. Sorry you seem to argue over it. I'll just finish lurking

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

if the gate is closed and locked and they break the lock to gain entry. It's trespassing. Then such person would go to jail.

As an example, keeping a vehicle in a locked area where the creditor cannot gain access to it is felony concealment of mortgaged property. There are also laws called things such as Hindering Secured Creditors.

A quick snip of the locked gate and denial that the gate was locked by the repo man will usually be how it goes down unless you've got video surveillance.

In the mean-time if you press the issue and involve the police, all they can do is remove the repo man from your property as a civil matter unless they also have a court order with them in which case the police will assist the repo man in securing the vehicle - so be careful what you advocate

Back on topic, ANY store has the right to file a police report on anyone they wish to bar from the premesis. They don't really need a reason. That does not equate to filing a false police report.

- FM

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

1 recommendation

Exodus to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
said by thegeek:

said by Exodus:

hey fucker, that's my joke

»Re: Ever decline a receipt checkers request?

Piracy is the sincerest form of flattery.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

1 recommendation

fatness to fartness

to fartness
This topic has been done to death.