uniqs
fartness (banned)
Donald Trump 2016
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside

1 recommendation

fartness (banned) to Johnny34

to Johnny34

Re: Sams club tried stopping me, what can they do?

I don't know any cashiers, so let them pull their TSA style crap on someone else.

Sr Tech
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Meriden, CT

Sr Tech

Premium Member

I can understand the gripe as what is classic about some of these stores is that they have 10 lanes open to check you out, but only one person checking the receipts at the door. Poor management, they want your money quickly but bottle neck you at the door.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

1 edit

workablob

said by Sr Tech:

I can understand the gripe as what is classic about some of these stores is that they have 10 lanes open to check you out, but only one person checking the receipts at the door. Poor management, they want your money quickly but bottle neck you at the door.

At all the Sam's Clubs I have shopped there is only one small exit so putting a bunch of people there is not practical. I have seen two checkers at one time but that's all.

I have taken the 'outta my way' attitude and walked past without issue once but now I just respect the person doing their job and all the other folks playing by the rules as laid out in the membership terms.

And, all the people that have ever checked my receipt are very friendly and I have developed a rapport with several of them.

Dave

Sr Tech
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Meriden, CT

Sr Tech

Premium Member

said by workablob:

said by Sr Tech:

At all the Sam's Clubs I have shopped there is only one small exit so putting a bunch of people there is not practical. I have seen two checkers at one time but that's all.

I have taken the 'outta my way' attitude and walked past without issue once but now I just respect the person doing their job and all the other folks playing by the rules as laid out in the membership terms.

And, all the people that have ever checked my receipt are very friendly and I have developed a rapport with several of them.

Dave

Correct, and it's the same way here as well. You would think they would enlarge the exit door and put more people, or have someone check you right after paying at the register and mark your receipt and off you go. Then one person could be at the door quickly letting people out just having to check the receipt that it was verified instead of having to go though the entire cart.

ROCINANTE
Original Member 007
Premium Member
join:1999-06-29
Hartsdale, NY

ROCINANTE to workablob

Premium Member

to workablob
said by workablob:

Dave

Receipt checks are usually fast. I have never waited more than a minute even on a busy day.
Expand your moderator at work

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to fartness

MVM

to fartness

Re: Sams club tried stopping me, what can they do?

said by fartness:

1) I don't know any cashiers, 2) so let them pull their TSA style crap on someone else.

1) How do they know if you know or don't know any of the cashiers ? 2) They do.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Sr Tech

Premium Member

to Sr Tech
said by Sr Tech:

Correct, and it's the same way here as well. You would think they would enlarge the exit door and put more people, or have someone check you right after paying at the register and mark your receipt and off you go. Then one person could be at the door quickly letting people out just having to check the receipt that it was verified instead of having to go though the entire cart.

or better yet, build in a set of scales in the floor of the exit and a barcode scanner to verify the weight of the cart.

then you could just walk to the door put teh receipt on the scanner and then it could stamp it and you leave, then just have a camera or a security gaurd at the door incase someone needs help or trys to flee