signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Retired6

Re: [Rant/Rave] Smashburger / Five Guys

Seriously? That's another one, what the heck is the big deal about in n out. There's nothing extraordinary about them. They make fries out of fresh potatoes, but I don't see that making them taste any better. I disagree in n out and five guys are about the same, and neither is all that amazing. They are just burgers, and you can't have them made your way like our joint here that offers the burger just as you want it, no extra charge: Tomato, lettuce, fresh onion, fried onion, fried pepper, hot pepper, fried mushroom, yellow mustard, mayo, brown mustard, hot sauce, pickles, sauerkraut... And you can get cheddar cheese and I think blue cheese IIRC for an extra charge.

The only place I think is really special was Fuddruckers (been many years since I've been there) because they fresh ground the meat and baked their own custom buns and the fixins are in a salad bar. But still, a burger is a burger, this is all more hype than anything.

I am happy with a one dollar burger to be honest.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.