spc
uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to dellsweig

to dellsweig

Re: [OS X] Imac == AWSOME

Glad you're happy...but why the need to bring Microsoft into the equation (and bash them). Can't we have a "Microsoft-less" thread?

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

1 recommendation

dellsweig

MVM

I have (and continue to be) a Microsoft user - both at home and in the office - I manage over 2000 Windows based servers ( as well as 1800 Linux servers)

It is completely fair to bring them into the discussion....

I look around the room here - 4 Windows based machines - and one Imac....

Hardware - I cant find the words to describe the comparisions
Software - same as above

I am not bashing - but looking at the two ecosystems side by side - its hard not to draw a conclusion

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

2 recommendations

BellBoy to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

Glad you're happy...but why the need to bring Microsoft into the equation (and bash them). Can't we have a "Microsoft-less" thread?

First off...he wasn't bashing them if you read the post.

Second, as a long time Windblows user (now THAT was a bash) the joy of learning how everything "just worked" when I got my first Mac--I couldn't be contained.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

1 recommendation

dellsweig

MVM

said by BellBoy:

said by haroldo:

First off...he wasn't bashing them if you read the post.

Second, as a long time Windblows user (now THAT was a bash) the joy of learning how everything "just worked" when I got my first Mac--I couldn't be contained.

Thanks and well said - I AM having a hard time containing myself - I am a 57 year old IT professional that just found soimething new and better than anything I have used before.....

That IS a bash

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

1 edit

haroldo

Thanks for the clarification!
I withdraw my concern.
quote:
"the joy of learning how everything "just worked" when I got my first Mac--I couldn't be contained. "
...me too
(although going form a circa 2000 machine to a 2009 Mac isn't necessarily fair...)
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy
said by BellBoy See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

First off, congrats on your new machine, dellsweig.

@BellBoy - You apparently haven't tried to use screen sharing or smb sharing on 10.7.x recently.

They don't, sadly, "just work" anymore.

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

said by BellBoy See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

First off, congrats on your new machine, dellsweig.

@BellBoy - You apparently haven't tried to use screen sharing or smb sharing on 10.7.x recently.

They don't, sadly, "just work" anymore.

You couldn't be more correct...I'm still on Snow Leopard.

Still not trusting the 10.7.x experience yet.