djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Immer

Re: [WotLK] What a great fight....

Yes, if you are horde WTB some achieve/mount/legendary items runs.. pst

- Infusions on my DK
- Val'anyr pieces on my shaman
- FL embers on my Boomkin.

I went the other day in those full heroic 25 ICCs they had the shards reserved.. none dropped.. RNG?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to stonhinge

said by stonhinge:

Don't forget that you can now do any raid except for Dragon Soul with RealID friends as well. So you're no longer limited to your server.

aye. Last night's attempt had people from Echo Isles, Stormrage and Nathrezim servers.

Incidentally, there are a couple of things to bear in mind when running cross-realm raids.

1) Have group Will Travel only works for everyone if the person using it is inside the raid instance. If you do it outside the instance, you will only summon those on your server.

2) The summoning stones don't work cross-server because they are not actually inside the instance.

3) Lock portals work well, again, from inside the instance.

after reading this you are all probably thinking, "of course that's how it works"... and I'm cool with that. Just know that it wasn't so obvious to everyone involved.

one final note... how are we (as a player community) still confused about 10M versus 25M lockouts????

said by djlar:

I went the other day in those full heroic 25 ICCs they had the shards reserved.. none dropped.. RNG?

...of the worst variety
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

we haven't started Ulduar stuff yet... so.. yes, there is room!

NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER

If there's anyone getting a legendary mace, it's me.
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Immer

I have a good Resto druid on alliance side if you still require. wouldn't mind a Real ID or if you get navymaverick in your raid and still require a resto/boomkin or prot/arms warrior, i'd be more than happy to assist in both HLK and Uld. just throwing it out there
--
I'm not loafing. I work so fast I'm always finished.
If idiots could fly, this would be an airport.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to drew

said by drew:

said by Immer:

we haven't started Ulduar stuff yet... so.. yes, there is room!

NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER

If there's anyone getting a legendary mace, it's me.

Roger that! Naturally guildies who put up with Nathrezim Server on a regular basis take priority. =)

said by mettachain:

I have a good Resto druid on alliance side if you still require. wouldn't mind a Real ID or if you get navymaverick in your raid and still require a resto/boomkin or prot/arms warrior, i'd be more than happy to assist in both HLK and Uld. just throwing it out there

duly noted! Once I've added navy, you can just request to be added through his friends list.
--

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Immer

This wasn't just a fail on the part of 1/2 of the healing team... there were more than a few dps barely breaking the 15k mark as well... my hpally can auto attack for more than that. So interested dps'ers are more than welcome.

And if Drew got a cramp from carrying the heals, imagine my poor lower back for carrying the 10 derps... I will say I glossed over a few of the mechanics... but when necrotic plague jumps from ranged to ranged for 2 minutes, c'mon man.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Immer

You looking to do Ulduar 10 or 25? I will bring the druid in for 10 (need 3 achieves for meta) then would like to bring my pally as I think that gear looks great for the class. Let me know.

@Scaith - some day I will be allowed to bear on my druid, though I didn't see the dps quite so bad. we were pushing about 450k dps. There is room for improvement, but on a fight like LK, I would rather see everyone getting mechanics right than pushing top dps. Defiles were the biggest problem.

--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to drew

[Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings] ?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to stvnbrs

Click for full size
For LK, it was a mixed bag. There was no reason for us to have to eat so many defiles... we should have been able to push through P2 faster. the necrotic plague mechanic was not managed well, either... If we have crazy dps, then we should be able to ignore NP like JB recommends. We could try swapping our tanks (dk on adds, pally on LK). I don't see the need to replace a tank at this juncture, which is really why I wanted your dps. This next week we will no full clear on normal to clean up a few achieves (portal jockey

For Ulduar (when we get to it), if we have open slots in the 10m run we'll bring you in (guild has grown, which is awesome). You definitely have a spot in 25m.
--

gains

@windstream.net

I quit like 2 months ago. However, for like 20 weeks before that pugged HLK25 on our server only... we don't have good pugs by any means...

The key i found is that shadow traps people just have to say in 3 tight groups. move across the platform for every shadow trap... then when the transition happens... just have all your ranged stack up in a group and continue to dps the king.. while being healed...

makes you skip the valk/defile stage... do the same on the next transition that is almost immediate and it's game over... pretty easy

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3

said by gains :

I quit like 2 months ago. However, for like 20 weeks before that pugged HLK25 on our server only... we don't have good pugs by any means...

The key i found is that shadow traps people just have to say in 3 tight groups. move across the platform for every shadow trap... then when the transition happens... just have all your ranged stack up in a group and continue to dps the king.. while being healed...

makes you skip the valk/defile stage... do the same on the next transition that is almost immediate and it's game over... pretty easy

Is there a video for that?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

1 edit

said by navymaverick:

said by gains :

Is there a video for that?

I could see that happening... provided they never get hit by an orb and the tanks and melee can handle the adds... yeah. lemme do some math tho... brb.

edit: according to WowWiki, Heroic LK 25M has 103.2Mil hp.
P1 ends at 70% (72.2Mil hp). Transition is 1 minute long. P2 ends at 40% (41.28Mil hp).

So using transition to completely skip P2 requires roughly 31Mil dmg done in that minute, or 516k dps for the raid to be on LK.

2 tanks, 4 heals, 3 melee would leave room for 16 ranged pulling 32k dps or better for a solid minute. I can honestly say we were not seeing those numbers from most of the ranged in any of our attempts. But if I do see these types of numbers from our ranged puggles, I'll give this strat a shot.

--

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY

I think I was just under 20K personally. I wonder if affliction would boost dps.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Would most certainly in p1. Soulburn: Seed spreading Corruption onto the all the adds. Holy bajeezus.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

just pls don't do this if we are going for the achievement.

also... while that would boost your numbers... it would be a smokescreen. the 32k dps is needed single-target on LK to use transition to skip P2.

djlar

Was the buff turned off? 32K dps single target is very easy to obtain at 30% buff

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
reply to Immer

I understand affliction does better single target dps than demo though I have not tried afflic since cata myself.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

we'll check it out. I'm looking forward to it.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Immer

What day and time are you trying this? I'd have to rewatch the video for the fight, but I did 10m H LK and the meta drake achieves during Wrath, though all after the 30% buff on my DK. I wouldn't mind getting the Light of Dawn title and if you guys want to try the 25m meta drake achieves. If possible later on I'd like to finish the Frostmourne as well. Most in my DK's guild are not interested in older content and achieves.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

Get with drew for the next couple of weeks on this. My wife and I are going on vacation next week, so we will only spend raiding time this week on DS.

Full House is surprising hard to do now that ret-aura is enough to kill the adds too quickly (naturally we turn it off... just demonstrating how easy it is to kill the adds you need up). But they still do considerable dmg (some of them have % based attacks... so yeah..).

portal jockey should be okay with a full group...

It's also soo very time-consuming to wipe an attempt on these bosses now. But, we'll get it. We really want the mounts... and I really want my legendary.
--

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
reply to Immer

I got into a LK heroic 10 man yesterday, Took 2 attempts, One wipe due to a shadow trap taking ALL of us.

We downed him on the Second Attempt with only 1 healer (an amazing Druid), 1 tank (DK) and 3 dps (Me-Unholy DK, Warrior , Hunter and Mage) from phase 1 - end due to a dps triggering a shadow trap and taking half the raid with him. We lost only one DPS to the Valkyries.

Funny note - shadow trap cant be trigger by pets However it can take them out. I watched my Ghoul, Gargoyle and a hunters Kitty fly out.
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"

djlar

Yeah IDK what are pets doing with their master they should be on LK or something, I think only lock ranged pets don't move at all.

The0_o

join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD
reply to Immer

I should explain that.

We Pull and blow all our CDs (I Pop gargoyle), LK drops the first Shadow trap. So we move across the platform.
LK Drops a second Shadow trap, we move back across the platform. Herp the shadow priest runs across and hits the first Shadow trap which is now about 10 yards behind the LK, Taking the pets and a few raid members with her.
--
"There is no good. No Evil. No Light. There is only PIE"