spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Ripperjack
join:2012-01-12
Fredericksburg, TX

Ripperjack

Verizon's biggest joke(lie) to date!

Today I saw the biggest joke/lie that Verizon has made to date. Opening up a brand new spanking agent store in Fredericksburg Texas, full of shiny new 4G phones, in an area that has absolutely NO 4G coverage.

So anybody buying a new phone from that store, will have to travel 2 hours east to Austin, to use the 4G capabilities... WHAT A JOKE! Ha-HA!

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

1 recommendation

Hall

MVM

What should people do, buy a 3G phone then and in 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months when 4G is enabled, wait until their upgrade is available again ?

In my area, the Thunderbolt was available for 3-4 months before 4G service was.

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium Member
join:2002-12-05

Somnambul33t to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack
said by Ripperjack:

Today I saw the biggest joke/lie that Verizon has made to date. Opening up a brand new spanking agent store in Fredericksburg Texas, full of shiny new 4G phones, in an area that has absolutely NO 4G coverage.

So anybody buying a new phone from that store, will have to travel 2 hours east to Austin, to use the 4G capabilities... WHAT A JOKE! Ha-HA!

all stores sell 4G phones...4G isnt available in most of the country. what's your point?

Sprint sells 4G phones across the country with no 4G service. same with TMo w/ HSPA+. Hell ATT sells 4G LTE phones where there's no 3G service at all.
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack
I am having trouble understanding what is a joke / lie to you . The phones do operate on 3G which is now available . When 4G does become available the people purchasing these phones will not have to run out and get another , They will realize the benefits of 4G right away at no additional expense. Sounds like you are just looking for a reason to rail on Verizon.
said by Ripperjack:

Ripperjack
Fredericksburg, TX

Ripperjack

said by Max Signal:

When 4G does become available the people purchasing these phones will not have to run out and get another

THAT is the joke! The way things are going with 4G expansion, Fredericksburg Texas will NEVER see 4G. Not now, not for the foreseeable future. This is very obvious to me, since Verizon have not made any investment in the area, with Sprint setting up a crappy "protection site" down the road in Kerrville, which only serves a few city blocks at best, so they can protect their territory without having to put in any serious hardware.

The wireless carriers don't care about the Hill Country in Texas, only putting their money into the main cities of Austin and San Antonio.

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

It really isn't worth it but. Verizon has gotten 4G out faster than any other carrier and be thankful you at least have 3G. AT&T still has alot of area where 2G is the only thing you can get.

Verizon plans to get 4G LTE to everyone within the next couple years I can't remember if it's 2014/15. They will do this because the plan is to have voice on the LTE network and get rid of CDMA. So they will invest it's just going to take time. They are constantly expanding all the time.
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack
You are very misinformed . 4G rollout is scheduled to completed across the entire Verizon foot print by End of 2013 . And in fact they are 6 months ahead of their projections. You realize they have to put all new panels on every tower to roll the new service out. You need to learn a little patience technology is evolving very fast and it just takes a while . 10 years ago most folks were still on dial-up . Sorry you feel you have some sort of Axe to grind with Verizon
Expand your moderator at work

Hall
MVM
Germantown, OH

Hall to Ripperjack

MVM

to Ripperjack

Re: Verizon's biggest joke(lie) to date!

I just had to check.... Fredricksburg is a town with a population of ~10,000 people and is 80 miles from Austin or 70 miles from San Antonio. That's what you call a rural location. I'm sure if it's a fine place, of course, and that rural location has it's own appeal, but you have to understand why VZW (and probably other carriers) haven't given you or your fellow residents the attention you feel you deserve.
Ripperjack
Fredericksburg, TX

Ripperjack to Hall

to Hall

said by Hall:

but you have to understand why VZW (and probably other carriers) haven't given you or your fellow residents the attention you feel you deserve.

I do feel we deserve better than what we are getting out here. I mean if Sprint took the time and money to set up a protection site, 20 miles down the road so they can hang onto the territory, then we should be worth setting up SOMETHING!

We we are as worthless as you say we are, then why did Sprint bother at all. Why not just forget entirely about the Hill Country, and focus on their capital city cash cow territories.
93388818 (banned)
It's cool, I'm takin it back
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX

93388818 (banned) to Ripperjack

to Ripperjack
I've been to Frederickburg. I wouldn't waste LTE resources there yet either. Not when there are countless major metro areas that still need coverage.

Sorry man, you live in the sticks. Things take longer to get there. It's how things just are. Whining isn't going to change it.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack
i'm going to go with a dudewellian like post and say that 1g is better!!!!!!!!1111

but seriously, 4G phones are sold in all stores. i got a thunderbolt in june and i still can't get 4g where i live just outside of kansas city. kansas city has 4g now (didn't when i got the phone) but i'm like 2 miles from reception. hopefully it's expanded soon.
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick to Ripperjack

to Ripperjack
Would you complain that Best Buy sold computers with a NIC if there was no high-speed Internet in your area? Want them to put modems in the computers?

Point is, pretty must most of the new cell phones being made today are capable of 4G, so why would they not carry those phones?

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack
So, you would feel better if they only sold 3G phones?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

1 recommendation

r81984 to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack

FYI, no one has 4G in the US yet.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

Except for those of us on Verizon in 4G areas.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

I thought Verizon was using LTE which is still 3G.
LTE-A is 4G and I was not aware they implemented that anywhere.

Hall
MVM
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

There's no real definition of "4G"

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

Yes there is.
100 Mbit/s peak speeds mobile, 1 Gbit/s peak speeds stationary, and requirement for interoperability.

Nothing out right now meets the definition.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

The definition of 4G was changed though to mean pretty much whatever the fuck the carriers want to say is 4G. It's amazing the pull that a few multi-billion dollar companies can have an an independent standards committee.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack
said by Ripperjack:

said by Max Signal:

When 4G does become available the people purchasing these phones will not have to run out and get another

THAT is the joke! The way things are going with 4G expansion, Fredericksburg Texas will NEVER see 4G. Not now, not for the foreseeable future. This is very obvious to me, since Verizon have not made any investment in the area, with Sprint setting up a crappy "protection site" down the road in Kerrville, which only serves a few city blocks at best, so they can protect their territory without having to put in any serious hardware.

The wireless carriers don't care about the Hill Country in Texas, only putting their money into the main cities of Austin and San Antonio.

I have not had many problems with AT&T in the hill country and I have been there many times in the past year alone. There are very few spots where I have run into no coverage or roaming on At&t out there, mainly in the Enchanted Rock area, but that is the same with all of the carriers in that area. My Verizon Mifi is constantly roaming or on 1X out in the more rural areas of the hill country.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack
VZ will have a majority of the US covered with 4G by next year

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Ripperjack

Premium Member

to Ripperjack

Eventually most phones will be 4G anyway, plus, I am sure there at least a couple hundred commuters that go into the city everyday that will appreciate this.
chaosdude
join:2002-09-09
New Brunswick, NJ

chaosdude to Ripperjack

to Ripperjack

I think all of VZ smartphones introduced since 4Q last year have LTE, with the exception of the iPhone. I've actually been surprised at how fast the VZ LTE network has been built out, there are parts of rural VT that now have LTE that barely had cell service last year. The Verizon coverage map hasn't even kept up with the roll out (shows no LTE coverage in VT at all). Now that being said, the LTE roll out has caused instability in their network with service dropping in out more often then it used to.
netsurfer1
join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA

netsurfer1 to Ripperjack

to Ripperjack
With my experience, I think 3G and 4G are the same. The only difference is their names.