share rss forum feed

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to The0_o

Re: [Raiding] LFR asshattery

my foray into LFR the other day, everything goes well, no wipes up to Madness, /sigh , get through all the platforms to the fourth. Off tank decides to not taunt of tent, frost dk and me , on my pally, one shot dead. raid then goes to skull, see in raid chat "dont aoe the blisters" guess what the metre humping jackasses did. so second try, again all platforms are good get to skull, guess what is said in raid chat AGAIN.

half the raid dies to blisters, then healers oom and wipe 2 is done.so after rl kicking the bottom dps which i think we had 4 ppl doing 12k, really yes really cym, we get some more players and this time we down it. all in all it was fun and ill go back, but ffs if you dont know enough to know that you dont know, listen to the ppl that have been there before.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

Went on my Boomking to LFR, first wing I ripped everyone appart on DPS, sadly I was denied the caster trinket, some 10K dps mage won it..

Second wing almost the same, came close 2nd on Ultraxion, won on Warmaster, Spine I did the most dps on tendons and close second on madness. which the kill was epic, due to low dpsers in raid we struggled hugely on 4th platform, 12 people died due to blisterings, the I bressed one of the top DPSers, so with 15 people we downed him, it took almost to the enrage counter but we did it.. (some morons that died on 4th platform left raid.. muahaha).

Aybl

@xo.net

Spine, another caster wins the trinket and then announces he made a mistake and doesn't need it, asks who wants it. I did, asked for it, he gave it to me and I was thrilled! I'd been having a run of terrible rolls on several toons.

A couple minutes later he sends me a /w saying someone is willing to trade him a tier piece for it and asked for it back....

Damn...

I gave it back and thanked him anyway. Oh well, next week...

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

Your first mistake was giving him back the trinket.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by JB:

Your first mistake was giving him back the trinket.

I disagree. Aybl was being a gracious recipient of a gift. The gift-giver shamed himself by asking for the gift back. I hope you get your trinket soon.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

You could say the same about his tier piece, he could get it later also.. why is you the one that has to wait.. and why did he "innocently" rolled need on it?

Was his initial intention to give it up or trade it?

Man if I was in your shoes I'll walk out with the trinket...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by djlar:

You could say the same about his tier piece, he could get it later also..

no. RNG granted the other dude the trinket (weighted result, but determined by RNG). The other dude had an opportunity to be gracious... he fell short. Aybl was also afforded the opportunity to be gracious, and succeeded. Don't judge Aybl too harshly for being stronger in character than you would be in his shoes.

No matter how you slice it, "I'mma get minez" is always moral weakness. Many here would argue that because this is a game there is no room for measuring the character of a player. I simply disagree.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

than/then | to/two/too | A lot (notice the space in there) | you/your/you're