Search similar:

uniqs

dsoegiarto
join:2010-04-16
Ottawa, ON

dsoegiarto

[Express] New Customer soon: Monthly Bandwidth Question

Hello,

So I'm moving to a new apartment in Summer and they sign me up with the Rogers all-in-one deal (HD TV, phone line, and Express Internet) free for one year. Which is great.

But I'm a little worry about the Express Internet monthly limit. Pamflet says 60Gb a month, site says 70Gb a month with $2/extra Gb...

...and now I'm using Teksavvy with 300Gb a month, and usually hovering between 100 - 150Gb a month.

Questions:
a. is it possible to ask them to upgrade my Internet, but not pay the full price? ie. If Express is $50, Extreme is $60, can I just pay $10 for Extreme?
b. is the maximum I will pay per month for additional bandwidth is $50? Is this true? Is there a catch?
Coz if it is, I'll gladly pay $50 per month and pretty much use unlimited internet...

(no, I don't torrent or use P2P, but wife and I currently don't have any TV and we watch CTV,Global, BBC, everything online and in HD... and Korean drama shows for her... and anime for me...)

Any insights will be appreciated

Thanks!

CFoo
join:2008-03-19
Nepean, ON

CFoo

I'm no expert but from what I read in the forum, if you modify the original package, you may lose the discount you received. Now you may be able to ask for bandwidth insurance which will give you another 20gb but I think that too would count as modifying your account. Best thing is to call Rogers and ask. Record everything, ask for names, confirmation number, etc.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to dsoegiarto

to dsoegiarto
said by dsoegiarto:

a. is it possible to ask them to upgrade my Internet, but not pay the full price? ie. If Express is $50, Extreme is $60, can I just pay $10 for Extreme?

You can ask, but be very careful to not void the current deal like CFoo said.
said by dsoegiarto:

b. is the maximum I will pay per month for additional bandwidth is $50? Is this true? Is there a catch?
Coz if it is, I'll gladly pay $50 per month and pretty much use unlimited internet...

True, but they can change the maximum at any point (with 30 days notice, I believe).

dsoegiarto
Ottawa, ON

dsoegiarto

thx guys. yeah thats why i thought i ask here first before calling Rogers...

I usually just ask questions like these to vendors, knowing "there's no harm in asking" applies to almost everything.

but with Robbers, they could be an exception...

Just looking if anyone ever come across similar situations or what not.

Thanks again!
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to dsoegiarto

to dsoegiarto
Since you'll have TV included in the package won't you watch a lot less online?
kliles
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

kliles

said by biznatch11:

Maybe they don't have a TV?!!
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11

said by kliles:

said by biznatch11:

Maybe they don't have a TV?!!

Maybe not, but they're watching lots of stuff online in HD, and now they're going to get HDTV service for free so I assume they're going to use it, and hook up the box to something. If I didn't have a TV I'd probably buy one at this point.

frankhomeand
Cisco Geek
join:2004-12-05
Oakland, CA

frankhomeand to dsoegiarto

to dsoegiarto
Usually they might give you the upgrade for the $10 dollars since they are always up to getting the most out of you.

As for usage you an also get their usage insurance packs I believe that Bell also has.

But so far they still have the $50 max overage at this point in time.

dsoegiarto
Ottawa, ON

dsoegiarto to biznatch11

to biznatch11
said by biznatch11:

oh wow, that's unbelievably... wow that's silly of me. LOL

yes, we usually plug in my wife's laptop to the TV and voila....

now we'll actually going to watch it through the cable box LOL DOH!

feels like a huge weight just lift off of my shoulders
dsoegiarto

dsoegiarto to frankhomeand

to frankhomeand
said by frankhomeand:

Usually they might give you the upgrade for the $10 dollars since they are always up to getting the most out of you.

As for usage you an also get their usage insurance packs I believe that Bell also has.

But so far they still have the $50 max overage at this point in time.

thanks. $50 max is good but the insurance packs sounds great too. might have to inquire more on that.

but either way, $50 still a good deal for my situation (where everything else is free)