TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to CTMustang

Premium Member

to CTMustang

Re: [Rant] Why do people think they can use me to google things?

I have the same problem at work. I get asked every little thing about every little thing, several times a day. What really annoys me is when someone leaves their computer and asks if I know where the phone book is so they can look up a number. /facepalm

These guys are older, and I guess they really just don't understand what the internet is. Someone was looking for something they wanted to buy the other day and asked me if I knew any place that sold them online. I told her to google it. She said "What if I get a site I don't know and I get scammed?" I told her to google reviews of the site, and if she didn't feel comfortable of course don't do business with them. The problem is she's just not comfortable with online shopping, period...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

There really are some people that just aren't suited for the internet.

I wonder what will happen to them as time goes on?

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

There really are some people that just aren't suited for the internet.

I wonder what will happen to them as time goes on?

How true, and I keep telling them that they're going to have to learn how to do these things as they're still years away from retirement and, barring a zombie (or other type of) apocalypse the internet isn't going anywhere.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I was always annoyed with other people way back in school when they'd get mad because they didn't want to learn beyond the required (ie you know ask the teacher a question that expands on the topic)

and now I know what those angry kids grow up into.
they like being ignorant and some day they'll be like cave men in modern times.