spc
Search similar:

uniqs
KS225
join:2001-05-18
Orange, CT

KS225

POTS problem

Haven't been in the forum for some time as I now use OOL. Hope to still be welcome.

Suddenly my incoming phone calls are ringing once or not at all and getting fax sounds for the caller. Fax machine in house is turned off. I can call out even when the incoming call is hearing fax noises. Sent a trouble ticket to ATT online. Seems like a very odd problem. Any advice?
Thanks
Ken
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb

sounds like call forwarding was activated somehow. when CF is activated the line will ring once before forwarding the call.
KS225
Orange, CT

KS225

I've never use that feature. Not sure how this would have happened. How would I deactivate?
thanks.

vircotto
Premium Member
join:2002-06-04
searching...

vircotto

Premium Member

If memory serves, *73 (and wait for confirmation).
KS225
Orange, CT

KS225

AT&T repair came over. Somehow our line was set to be forwarded. Probably intended for someone else's number that is similar to ours. All is well now. Thanks.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to KS225

to KS225
*72 or 72# activates call forward, you dial the number and either answer the other line when it rings, or hang up and repeat the same steps over again, wait until you hear a stutter dial tone. To turn off call forward you either dial *73 or 73# and you will get a stutter dial tone indicating that CF is turned off. If CF is already off and you dial *73 a recording may come on and tell you that it's already off, but I'm not certain if getting that recording varies on CO switching equipment or is universal.