spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Guzzler
join:2002-09-24
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler

[CATV] HD Premium channels?

I'm confused about Premium HD channels. Are they extra $?

Say you already subscribe to one Premium package (Example: Cinemax), are the Cinemax HD channel (including Cinemax HD OnDemand) included when you move up to a HD receiver box?

The Cable TV Pricing & Plans page, is confusing in this respect.
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix

yes if you have max already you will get the hd version and vod version for free

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to Guzzler

Premium Member

to Guzzler
Yes and No.

With a standard Cox HD reciever and a subscription to a Premium Channel you get a few of the Premium HD channels.

Standard Premiums w/ just an HD receiver
»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· p.cox#14
1200 - HBO HD
1201 - HBO2 HD
1220 - Cinemax HD
1221 - More Max HD
1240 - Showtime HD
1250 - The Movie Channel HD
1260 - Starz HD
1261 - Starz Edge HD
1295 - Epix HD

In order to receive the additional Premium HD channels, You need to either get the Whole Home DVR for an additional $10/mo and a $79 install fee.

OR get a Retail CableCARD device and the additional Premium HD channels are Free with your subscription to the Premium channel.
»[CATV] Plus Package HD Channels & CableCARD

Plus Package Premiums w/ WHDVR or CableCARD
»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· p.cox#20
1202 - HBO Signature HD
1203 - HBO Family HD
1204 - HBO Comedy HD
1205 - HBO Zone HD
1210 - HBO East HD
1211 - HBO2 East HD
1212 - HBO Latino

1222 - Action MAX HD
1223 - Thriller MAX HD
1225 - Cinamax East HD
1226 - More Max East HD
1230 - 5StarMAX HD

1242 - Showtime Showcase HD
1243 - Showtime Extreme HD
1251 - TMC Xtra HD

1263 - Starz East HD
1264 - Starz Kids & Family HD
1265 - Starz Cinema HD
1266 - Starz Comedy HD

Additional Plus Package HD channels
1101 - Hub HD (Bonus Pak also required)
1133 - DIY HD (Variety Pak also required)
1134 - Cooking Channel HD (Variety Pak also required)
1161 - Outdoor Channel HD (Sports and Info Pak also required)
1900 - SWRV HD (Variety Pak also required)

Beerman
@cox.net

Beerman

Anon

What ever happened to "free hd channels" they mention on commercials?
I pay for HBO and Showtime and receive ALL their channels on SD but only a few on HD. Why should I pay more for that?
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Our PLUS package is $8.00 a month, that's stupid.

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

BryanInPHX to Guzzler

Premium Member

to Guzzler
Some markets are now allowing customers to just get one new device either the Cisco DVR running Trio or the Cisco HD STB running Trio in order to get the Plus Package channels, But the additional monthly fee and pro install still apply.

I do not know if AZ has this policy yet or not.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
said by Rob_:

Our PLUS package is $8.00 a month, that's stupid.

the TRUE cost of cox's "free hd" in your area.
add that and the higher box fees and you're at what satellite is charging for their hd!
dvd536

dvd536 to Guzzler

Premium Member

to Guzzler
said by Guzzler:

I'm confused about Premium HD channels. Are they extra $?

Say you already subscribe to one Premium package (Example: Cinemax), are the Cinemax HD channel (including Cinemax HD OnDemand) included when you move up to a HD receiver box?.

However if you want ALL the hd cinemax channels that you pay for already that are on the wire, theres a $5/mo "because we can" fee
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to BryanInPHX

Premium Member

to BryanInPHX
you can also get tivo's or a pc tuner
Guzzler
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler to BryanInPHX

to BryanInPHX
said by BryanInPHX:

Yes and No.

With a standard Cox HD reciever and a subscription to a Premium Channel you get a few of the Premium HD channels.

Standard Premiums w/ just an HD receiver
»ww2.cox.com/residential/ ··· p.cox#14
1200 - HBO HD
1201 - HBO2 HD
1220 - Cinemax HD
1221 - More Max HD
1240 - Showtime HD
1250 - The Movie Channel HD
1260 - Starz HD
1261 - Starz Edge HD
1295 - Epix HD

That's what I thought. I finally moved up to the 21st century and got a HD TV (my old TV finally died). I swapped out my old receiver for the standard HD receiver. I already have Cinemax, but when I tune to channel 1220, and 1221, it says I have to call customer service to subscribe to Cinemax HD.

But I do agree, that I SHOULD also get 1222, 1223, 1225,1226, 1230, as per their "free HD channels" advertising.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by Guzzler:

But I do agree, that I SHOULD also get 1222, 1223, 1225,1226, 1230, as per their "free HD channels" advertising.

you would if their "free hd" was actually free[it isn't]
Guzzler
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler

OK, it's working now. Just filed in a web form in the morning, and by the time I got home from work I got the two missing channels.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Cox needs to stop advertising for FREE HD when it's not, deceptive advertising. I'm curious to see if new orders will get the 1.0 ghz equipment.

-Rob
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to dvd536

Premium Member

to dvd536
said by dvd536:

said by Guzzler:

it's included in the price of the package or premium channel subscription, so yes it is free no extra charge except for the stupid whole dvr since that's the only 1Ghz hardware they carry
Guzzler
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler

said by ajwees41:

said by dvd536:

said by Guzzler:

it's included in the price of the package or premium channel subscription, so yes it is free no extra charge except for the stupid whole dvr since that's the only 1Ghz hardware they carry

I had to call one more time last night. They hadn't activated the OnDemand HD Cenimax... Sigh.

So, to sum it up, I had to go to the Cox store to swap out my receiver, and make 3 "inquires" (phone, email) to get all the HD features I was supposed to. I think I finally have what I'm supposed to have.

I found out that here, we only get 2 HD Cinemax channels. There aren't HD versions of Cinemax Action, Thriller, East, MoreEast. So I am getting all that I can.

I'm only paying ~$2 more per month than I was previously (the difference of the old SD receiver rental and the HD receiver rental), which is acceptable.

I just wish there were more HD channels to view. I'm very impressed with the picture quality, compared to the SD channels (I know... I'm late coming).

All of this is deja vu for me in a way. I'm old enough to have experienced cable when it first came out with limited channels back in the 70's, and watched it grow. Now I get to relive it again, with HD. History keeps repeating itself.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

what box do you have?
Guzzler
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler

said by ajwees41:

what box do you have?

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4240 HDC

On a side note: I noticed there is a CableCard inside.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to Guzzler

Premium Member

to Guzzler
said by Guzzler:

OK, it's working now. Just filed in a web form in the morning, and by the time I got home from work I got the two missing channels.

what two were missing?
Guzzler
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler

The HD Cinemax channels, 1220, 1221.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to Guzzler

Premium Member

to Guzzler
said by Guzzler:

There aren't HD versions of Cinemax Action, Thriller, East, MoreEast. So I am getting all that I can.

Yes they are. all those are on the wire but you don't get them because you don't pay cox's "because we can" fee.

this totally blows out any arguement because theres nothing in plus thats not on the wire elsewhere. Pure and simple its double dipping.
Guzzler
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler

Oops. You're right. I didn't scroll down far enough on the channel listings page. Sneaky buggers.

You're also right that it's double dipping, or contrary of their "Free HD" advertising.