Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

3 edits

[DSL] Lucky Month of March Promo

Click: Lucky Month of March , go there!

Terms & Conditions

**Edit** Phone number in first image changed, due to volume of calls.

amanda83

@teksavvy.com
Does the promotion apply to current customers?
I have DSL 6MB, I want to upgrade to the 16MB service, will I be eligible?

hdlineage

join:2009-03-29
reply to TwiztedZero
Just called, seems the people at Teksavvy won't have detailed information until tomorrow.

It will be awesome if the upgrade from 6 to 16 can be waived.

tomulek

join:2002-05-20
Etobicoke, ON
reply to amanda83
Why wouldn't it apply? They are waving activation fee, do those with 6MB service have to pay activation fee( for 12,16,25)? YES ! so for the month of march nobody have to, but I think speed change charge still applies.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe

2 edits
reply to TwiztedZero
BUY BUY BUY!!

Tips hat to MatrixVibe from RFD

On a more serious note, will exising 6mbit customers have to call to upgrade? I don't think the webform has this option.

Damn, the office is closed at 4am, this is unacceptable! I will start a 3 page thread on the homepage showcasing how teksavvy has fallen into disrepute !!111111

:^D

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

4 edits
reply to tomulek
said by tomulek:

Why wouldn't it apply? They are waving activation fee, do those with 6MB service have to pay activation fee( for 12,16,25)? YES ! so for the month of march nobody have to, but I think [the $25] speed change charge still applies.

= = = = = = = = =
MY understanding was that you would normally either pay the $95 charge, OR the $25 charge, but never both for the same request.
= = = = = = = = =

The $25 'Speed Change' fee applied only to some situations (and not others) before, and that would still hold true now.

Marc commented on this in another thread just a few days ago.
»The final word on setup costs?

For example, he said that for DSL 10 or 12 or 16Mb accounts, upgrading to 25Mb would only have had the $25 fee, even BEFORE the promo began (plus of course the modem rental), as THEY had already paid the $95 fee earlier to get into that group of speeds.

Upgrading or Downgrading WITHIN that group of speeds is only $25.

That group of folks gain nothing and lose nothing from the March promo, nor from waiting until later to make a change.

= = = = = = = = =

The ones who stand to save the $95 activation fee are those who are upgrading from plans 6Mb or below into plans 10Mb or above, and of course completely new customers and those switching to TSI DSL 10+ from TSI Cable.

I also get the feeling from the above screenshots that they may be waiving the $50 activation fee for new lower priced DSL plans.

= = = = = = = = =

Marc, have I got this all correct ?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Notice of the Pot-o-Gold came in the eMail too nice.
I just hope next time It'll be a notice saying TSI is giving me a free HTPC *hint, hint*

tolwyn

join:2002-12-30
Baie-D'Urfe, QC
reply to TwiztedZero
Well, that's great for new subscribers, but I'm very disappointed not to see dry loop fees waived. That's a kick in the nuts, nudging me to look at your competitors TSI...

syntaxerr0r

join:2008-05-27
East York, ON
kudos:1
said by tolwyn:

Well, that's great for new subscribers, but I'm very disappointed not to see dry loop fees waived. That's a kick in the nuts, nudging me to look at your competitors TSI...

You mean the competitor that throttles your DSL speed to half its capacity at the hours most people use their connection?

No thanks.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to tolwyn
said by tolwyn:

Well, that's great for new subscribers, but I'm very not to see dry loop fees waived. That's a kick in the nuts, nudging me to look at your competitors TSI...

If you are that disappointed over $20 one time charge when you can save $100 activation fee. Then I guess you should be looking around. Honestly, seems it doesn't take much to disappoint some folks around here.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

ajhaji
Premium
join:2002-03-02
North York, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Hmm. Looks like this might be just the incentive I need to come back to TekSavvy.

alienzzz
Kill Bell

join:2011-02-17
Verdun, QC
reply to TwiztedZero
The dryloop is the killer here... shame. A basic 6 mbit connection comes to $50/month after tax. That's already too much...

gcamp4

join:2008-03-08
reply to AkFubar
said by AkFubar:

said by tolwyn:

Well, that's great for new subscribers, but I'm very not to see dry loop fees waived. That's a kick in the nuts, nudging me to look at your competitors TSI...

If you are that disappointed over $20 one time charge when you can save $100 activation fee. Then I guess you should be looking around. Honestly, seems it doesn't take much to disappoint some folks around here.

The Dry loop fee is not a one time charge, it's around 10$ monthly.

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
I just ordered the 25/7 will drop the unstable Cable 28/1.

TSI SteveO
TSI SteveO
Premium
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Hey Guys. This promo is creating a bit of call volume (as intended ) For the quickest service getting switched over, I ask that interested parties call our main line at 1-877-779-1575. This should minimize any transferring required to get to the proper department to get switched. We have also updated the promo on our main site to reflect this.

»teksavvy.com/en/march2012.html
--
TSI SteveO - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Tina
Premium
join:2011-08-17
reply to TwiztedZero
If you are an existing user you can expect an email tonight. It will notify you when the online system is ready to handle your upgrades. It will be much better than waiting on the lines.

Look for that

Bugblndr

join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON
reply to TwiztedZero
Got my 16/1 installed on Feb 28th. Oh well, it was worth the install fee, the service has been rock solid with full speed 24/7.

darrylr

join:2003-02-10
Nepean, ON
reply to TSI Tina
Can I place an order and say I only want to order if 25/7 actually is available at my address? On the bell site it says it is available if I go to the 25/7 link and do check for availability. If I go to the general bell internet link and do check availability it only lists up to 16/1. I actually did an online chat with bell and they said 25/7 was available at my address.

I have 28/1 Cable now but would like the 7 upload if it will work at my house.

I'm just wondering how far I have to get in and pay if it turns out 25/7 isn't really available?

Thanks,

-Darryl

daboom
Premium
join:2001-12-16
Oshawa, ON
reply to TSI Tina
said by TSI Tina:

If you are an existing user you can expect an email tonight. It will notify you when the online system is ready to handle your upgrades. It will be much better than waiting on the lines.

Look for that

Would this be in the portal as I logged in this morning and the service options didn't even include FTTN speeds at all. since I am a 6M user considering 16/1 etc will that incur a 25 change of speed fee?
--
Come join us on EFNET irc.teksavvy.ca #teksavvy for live chat
Java Chat back online @ »teksavvy.kicks-ass.net

Sanek

join:2006-08-10
Kanata, ON
reply to darrylr
said by darrylr:

Can I place an order and say I only want to order if 25/7 actually is available at my address? On the bell site it says it is available if I go to the 25/7 link and do check for availability. If I go to the general bell internet link and do check availability it only lists up to 16/1. I actually did an online chat with bell and they said 25/7 was available at my address.

I have 28/1 Cable now but would like the 7 upload if it will work at my house.

I'm just wondering how far I have to get in and pay if it turns out 25/7 isn't really available?

Thanks,

-Darryl

I was told by TSI Martin (I believe) that if Bell rejects an activation, you can get a refund, but you best confirm this.

I would like to confirm that this offer is valid for 25/7 - and not just 16Mbit and below. I would also like to ask what the status of that modem issue (modem losing sync) is for 25/7 users - no point in getting this service if you just get stuck with a shaky connection...

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
The modem from bell is only for the 25 service.

TSI Tina
Premium
join:2011-08-17
reply to daboom
If you logged into My World, that is where the upgrades will happen. We are upgrading that system to accommodate you with this. Look for an email tonight from support.

To answer your service question. If you are a 6M GAS customer and upgrade to a 16/1 FTTN then that fee ($95) is waived.

tonytoronto

join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON
How about dry loop fees? I would consider switching from cable if i dont have to pay those. Seems like Acanac and Velcom are waving those for 2 years, and Teksavvy?

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to eweazel
said by eweazel:

I just ordered the 25/7 will drop the unstable Cable 28/1.

So tempted to do the same, but...dry loop + modem rental fees kill the economics.

28/1 = $47
25/7 = $68 on Band Rate A (which I think I'd be on, but not sure)

Bell doesn't charge the dry loop fee, of course, but their cap is a joke. So slightly unstable 28/1 it remains, for now.

Balzard

join:2012-01-12
reply to TwiztedZero
Any chance of making a similar offer for cable?

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
This offer was only available because Bell made it available for the month. I cant wait till mine is up and running, I am hoping there will be alot less slow downs then the cable had.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
reply to Balzard
said by Balzard:

Any chance of making a similar offer for cable?

The offer on DSL exists only because Bell waived wholesale activation charges for the month for some reason... ex.: increase the number of wholesale subscribers based on current rates while they wait for the CRTC to approve their new R&V that might increase wholesale FTTN rates by 10-20%.

For TSI to do the same on cable, cablecos would have to make a similar wholesale promotion.

Marc_Mtl

join:2006-03-02
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to TwiztedZero
Right, so I'm not 100% on what's being waived as well.
As a few have asked before...

If I am on the 6MB plan today, and I want to go to the 16MB plan. What is the cost (aside from monthly)?

Sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but it isn't clear to me. Reading the promo, I'd think a new subscriber gets it for free. But for existing ones...there's that speed change fee (I'd think that would apply going down).

Thanks!!

TSI Chad
Premium
join:2011-04-18
Chatham, ON
kudos:11
reply to tonytoronto
said by tonytoronto:

How about dry loop fees? I would consider switching from cable if i dont have to pay those. Seems like Acanac and Velcom are waving those for 2 years, and Teksavvy?

Dryloop's $19.99 service activation fee still applies as per the update I received from the accounting department this morning when I inquired last eve.

Regards,
--
TSI_Chad - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to Marc_Mtl
If you're on a 6meg plan (Non-FTTN) and want to go to *any* speed that is FTTN... there would normally be a $95 fee but it's being waived in your install occurs in the month of March.

6meg -> anything = no $95 setup fee in March.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy