spc
Search similar:

uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

why get this

Ok why wouldn't I just get a 4G phone from Verizon take advantage of their double data deal( 20 GB for $80 )add the $20 tethering option which includes 2 GB. For $100 I could get 22 GB a month vs 10 GB for $60.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

Re: why get this

probably because this solution will(network) your whole house compared to tethering off one phone

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven to 88615298

to 88615298
Heck, I'll just root my phone, fire up EasyTether, hook it up to my Linux Router, and enjoy.

That $20 (or is it $30) tethering option is bullsh*t in my opinion.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by SimbaSeven:

Heck, I'll just root my phone, fire up EasyTether, hook it up to my Linux Router, and enjoy.

of course it is. As long as you don't get caught. Not everyone knows how to root their phone. Heck I would like to root my phone just to get rid of the bloatware but I'm wary of bricking the thing. Have yet to find a program the you just run and it roots the phone without having to do 30 stages of BS.

CLEAR User
@supervalu.com

CLEAR User

Anon

There is nothing to get caught for ... you are paying for the data ... you are paying for tethering ... done deal.

The purpose of the external antennae however is for better reception.

With a phone or USB stick ... standing on top of your house may be a little tricky whenever your family wants to use the internet ... I guess if you have good balance ...
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by CLEAR User :

There is nothing to get caught for ... you are paying for the data ... you are paying for tethering ... done deal.

If you agree bypassing their paid tethering option then yes there is something to get caught for. Verizon states tethering is $20 a month. If one doesn't want to pay their choice is to go with another provider not bypass terms they agreed to when they signed a contract.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

tim_k to SimbaSeven

Premium Member

to SimbaSeven
said by SimbaSeven:

That's fine until you take your phone with you somewhere. Then the other members of the household have no internet.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to SimbaSeven

Premium Member

to SimbaSeven
said by SimbaSeven:

The key is an external antenna. The signal strength you would get on a phone is nowhere near what you will get with a dedicated device and an external antenna.
CharlesH1
join:2011-04-29
Milpitas, CA

CharlesH1

said by FFH5:

The key is an external antenna. The signal strength you would get on a phone is nowhere near what you will get with a dedicated device and an external antenna.

And the fixed external antenna can be a high-gain antenna aimed at the cell site.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to 88615298

to 88615298
Or you could get 20GB for $90.