spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mod_wastrel
anonome
join:2008-03-28

mod_wastrel

The way these CEOs talk...

you'd think they actually did any of the work.

Yep, by the end of the year... "national" coverage--one more broadband "option"... ought to look really great on those coverage maps... yes-sir-ee-bob!
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

VZW has a pretty huge LTE network already. Coast to coast. It doesn't reach everywhere 3G does but the fixed broadband service like this can be deployed really quickly since the network is already there.

mod_wastrel
anonome

mod_wastrel

Yeah, I know. The point, though, is that it's mostly only something someone would get if they had no other options--because it costs so much per GB. Personally, I'd go with no access at all if this were my only choice.
iansltx
Austin, TX

iansltx

Have you been a few miles away from the nearest computer with Internet access before...at your own home, in the recent past? Yes, this service isn't a viable competitor to cable (or, for heavier users, DSL) however it beats ViaSat Exede, 3G cellular (except or Millenicom in higher-usage scenarios) and dialup...so people will buy this as the best option.

mod_wastrel
anonome

mod_wastrel

Yes, I can live without the Internet--grew up without it. It's useful, but I'm not addicted to it, plus I know a few places where access is free if I ever really need it for something.
iansltx
Austin, TX

iansltx

Some of us use it for work *shrugs*

mod_wastrel
anonome

mod_wastrel

I did, too... before I retired.