spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anonimust

@verizon.net
reply to clone

Re: Is there an engineer who understands this stuff?

Another problem with making cell sites denser is what do you do when municipalities and residents put up a fit about putting up a new tower?

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA

Then they won't get cell service because tx power at more distant towers will need to come down.

clone

join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

Exactly. If you live in an area where there are a bunch of whining luddites, then I recommend you move. I have absolutely no sympathy for the NIMBYs.

In fact, I as a cell carrier, I would make sure that my customer data system had huge red flags and error messages pop up when customers who lived in the NIMBY areas called in. It would list the exact name of the complainants or local boards that have whined about/blocked additional cell sites from going up.

The CSRs would be instructed to tell any customer who calls in for a capacity-related issue to please contact their local utility board or, barring that, give the exact names of those complaining so that their issues can be addressed.

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA

Your company's counsel would probably advise you not to go quite so far as to give out names. Though they're public record, some CSR would get carried away in how they presented the information, and the Luddites would publicly accuse your company of intimidation.