All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
LuasYlor
join:2012-03-06
Gloucester, ON

LuasYlor to jfmezei

to jfmezei

Re: Which is better right now? Distributel or TekSavvy?

I am a Distributel cable internet fugitive in Ottawa. After a decent uptime run (about 90% uptime ) over the 6 months I was on their service, I got hit with a Rogers-related outage that took me out for, well, I'm still out.
It's been a week as of today.

Whether or not the problem was from Rogers, outage, which was fixed in a couple of days, or from Distibutel's end, is irrelevant to my beef with them, and here's why.......

After 12 hour's outage, I attempted to call them. On hold for 45 minutes, got fed up. Tried the next day, same thing, hold for 45 minutes, then quit. Went to a friend's to get online, started googling "Distributel outage" "Distributel support", and Distributel complaints".

WOW!! The internet is FLOODED with complaints about Distributel with almost all the same content... Distributel does *not* answer their support lines, and do *not* return calls to the "leave your return number here" numbers left at the dropzone. If you have a problem with your Distributel connection, you are screwed and forgotten apparently until you quit their service. I say this because of personal experience, and a simple search thru Google will confirm it.

Don't take my word for it, think, search, and decide for yourself.
It isn't hard to find the huge amounts of bad press and complaints by pissed off Distributel clients.

I guess the worst was when I called to cancel the service out of frustration, I was past the point of caring and was actually happy to put an end to it. I was in a good mood, calm, and polite. I couldn't get through to support after ANOTHER 45 minute hold time, so I tried the "Customer Service" menu choice. Same thing. Same hold music.

HOWEVER, I finally chose the "I want to subscribe to Distributel" menu option, and WHAM!! I was speaking to a live person in 5 seconds flat. She was NOT impressed that I got into her queue and boy did she turn icy cold and fast. When I calmly and politely explained the hold situation and that I was cancelling only because I couldn't get through to support EVER, she somehow managed to have a "2nd level" tech on deck who could "call me back" within "a few minutes"...... un-freakin-believable. When I insisted that it was all past that point, and that I was cancelling and that was final , she then gave me a brief and somewhat snotty lecture on "how I didn't even have the patience to let them troubleshoot it" , fully ignoring the fact that I was in her queue because Distributel doesn't have a working support system, not because of the outage.....

Bell Canada takes first place for the worst company to deal with in my recent memory, but Distributel is a strong 2nd IMHO.

P.S. Connect speeds never EVER approached even 30% of what I was paying for at any time day-or-night.... Boooooo Distributel booooooo.....

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

IF you call during "prime time" I would expect to wait, I personally have had almost ZERO wait time the odd time I have to call.

I've been with 3web/Distributel for over 4yrs, both through the really bad times (almost unusable during prime time) to now where it works pretty damn good. It does slow down to around 15mb at night , that's just congestion, and I'm not sure if it's them or Rogers.

For the price I'm paying for 28mb of service, I have have nothing to bark about.
papaskitch
join:2007-02-10
Woodbridge, ON

papaskitch to LuasYlor

to LuasYlor
I've had Distributel ignore my emails, but they always called me back (it took awhile during the outage in Woodbridge, but they got back to me).

Teksavvy isn't available in my area, but I'd choose either one over Rogers (or Bell).