Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

Re: Affinity Federal Credit Union

said by r81984:

I would not be suprised if the mother made the charge and forgot or made the charge and had no money so she lied to her son. That could be another reason no police report is wanted.

Calling someone's aged mother a liar? (Sharp intake of breath) Man, that's gotta be fighting talk.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to rody_44

Anon

to rody_44
After spending 6 hours of time and $27 in gasoline, I got the form filled out and notarized. Maybe I'll send it certified / return receipt to make sure there are no further problems.

A police report would have been an additional burden for no good reason, and require another 15 miles of driving.

The merchant involved did not call me back, has an 'F' rating from the BBB, and there are comments online about them preying on senior citizens.

I have no personal knowledge of the transaction, only what my mother and the credit union tell me.
Expand your moderator at work

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium Member
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX

alg to aannoonn

Premium Member

to aannoonn

The BBB is absolutely useless so I wouldn't listen to anything they have to say.

Why don't you name the company? I don't understand why people don't name names when it comes to companies that scam or rip people off. That said, it sounds like this was a consential transaction.
Expand your moderator at work

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to aannoonn

Premium Member

to aannoonn

mareastrum
join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

mareastrum to aannoonn

to aannoonn
Perhaps the police report is to document how scummy the merchant you're doing your chargeback for in order to press charges? Just a thought.

Nice to know that there is in fact more to this story. I'm just curious why you didn't come clean to begin with rather than be so standoffish?

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn

Anon

Come clean? The thread is simply a rant saying how Affinity requires things from their customers that a regular bank wouldn't require.

mareastrum
join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

mareastrum

Well, let's see. You were very elusive as to the whole matter. First it was fraud, but as we go along, it looks like it might have been a purchase gone wrong. Why mention the BBB? Why not name the company. Too many unanswered questions and not enough info.
said by aannoonn :
This should be a chargeback, so it shouldn't cost the CU anything.

If it were fraud, why would you want to do a chargeback if your mother never made the purchase?