uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to NO to ESPN

Re: Time to Rethink Cell Phones

said by NO to ESPN :

The answer is to prohibit streaming of video or other large files. Phones are for talking, texting, and some use of internet.

The same prohibition would apply to iPads and similar devices. There is no reason for someone to watch a basketball game on a phone or other portable device.

That is my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Then these companies need to eliminate mandatory data plans.

Also I paid for the device it's not up to you to decide what I should be doing with it. Also thee is wi-fi. So if I'm watching video via Wi-Fi WTF is it to you?

NO to ESPN

@sbcglobal.net
Wi-Fi on a cable or DSL line is not a problem. My issue is with using the mobile cell bandwidth for questionable items. If I break down on the side of the road and I cannot get voice due to overloading then I am rather upset. This is beginning to happen on the west side of Houston near I-10 on Verizon.

Anyone who puts a Wi-Fi router on a mobile cell line should have their favorite parts removed in the most painful manner possible.

That is my opinion and your mileage may vary.

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
join:2002-12-05
Blackwood, NJ
i'd rather have data than traditional voice every time. data gives me all the natural advantages, like streaming video, social networking, and navigation, while also providing calling and messaging.