All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to zorxd

to zorxd

Re: Acanac Enforces Technical ITMP Does it follow Crtc Rules?

In this case acanac is acting as the primary ISP and is the one enforcing the ITMP, This is not a pass thru from bell.
zorxd
join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

zorxd

said by morisato:

In this case acanac is acting as the primary ISP and is the one enforcing the ITMP, This is not a pass thru from bell.

yes and in that case paragraph 63. is off topic.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to morisato

to morisato
said by morisato:

Nope. They're still a secondary ISP.

1 A primary ISP is an ISP that is also a Canadian carrier, generally offering both retail Internet services and tariffed wholesale services.
2 A secondary ISP uses tariffed wholesale services from a primary ISP to provide, among other things, its own retail Internet services.

The difference here is that points 64 through 66 (the modifications mentioned in point 63) do not apply, as it's not a ITMP applied by the primary ISP to the secondary ISP's connections.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

I could not find that Distinction thanks BT P:)
heck even Now i am not seeing it in the regulatory documents.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by morisato:

heck even Now i am not seeing it in the regulatory documents.

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archi ··· -657.htm

Footnotes #1 and #2.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Applicability of framework to secondary ISPs offering retail Internet services

The Commission notes that secondary ISPs have the ability to apply ITMPs to their retail Internet services, and that this practice may have many of the same adverse effects as that employed by primary ISPs. As such, the Commission considers that secondary ISPs should be subject to the same framework that applies to retail services offered by primary ISPs.

Well i did find this line which Kinda makes it Specific. for that it applys