All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to zorxd

to zorxd

Re: Acanac Enforces Technical ITMP Does it follow Crtc Rules?

said by zorxd:

said by morisato:

They show the speed reduction and we can make the Connection But they do not say it very clearly that They are enforcing a technical ITMP

yes they are. What part of "Peak Hour Rate Limit - 7PM to 12AM 3Mbps/800Kbps" don't you understand?
said by morisato:

i understand they Effect all traffic and you Understand it but They do not offically State it anywhere, Also the How it will affect a users experience is lacking In its entirety.

This is implied (and obvious) that this requirement is only valid if the throttling do not affect all traffic. The user experience is obvious. Half speed.
If you think you have a point go complain to the CRTC. I will be happy to watch you loose.
said by morisato:

When signing up in the Terms of Service On there webpage there is No mention of the ITMp or any of the 5 criteria that must be satisfied In the Terms of service or user agreements, Whatsoever.

It's all there »acanac.com/DSL.html

»acanac.com/User-Agreement.html
I've Read the user agreement front to Back Thats right there and There is No Section for ITMP nor any other of the required Info provided in it. It Specifically Addresses a great deal of Voip issues and Do not sue me issues but Nowhere does the User agreement Cover technical Itmps. and The Commisson specificed Clearly And Prominently An Implied piece of information is neither clear nor prominent.
zorxd
join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

zorxd

OK maybe they should do a copy and past from their DSL.html to their User-Agreement.html but that's it.