spc
Search similar:

uniqs

rbnice1
join:2000-12-16
Imperial, MO

rbnice1

[Tech] 2006 toyota corola timing questions

Friend at work is having issues with this so I told them I would ask you guys. He had to rebuild the engine on this and going by the manual it said to use bungie cords to hold the timing chain out of the way and to where it wont move.

Well during the process it moved. He got it back pretty close and the engine seems to run pretty well, but the check engine light comes on. He is going to be using this car for a long trip this summer so he wanted to try to fix this. Looking up the procedure to retime this car he cant seem to find anything on it. Some of the other ones mention using a devise that bolts to both cam gears to get the alignment right but he says there is nothing like this for his.

Anyone got any websites or documentation on how to set the timing on this?

MooJohn
join:2005-12-18
Milledgeville, GA

MooJohn

I know it's not the answer (because I don't know it), but why is he certain that timing is the problem now? What code is the car reporting? It could be something completely unrelated.

rbnice1
join:2000-12-16
Imperial, MO

rbnice1

I do not know what the code is. He just told me that the code was associated with the timing. So he was going to pull it apart and redo the timing but he was unable to find anything that shows/explains how to set the timing on this.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to rbnice1

MVM

to rbnice1
2 day subscriptions are available to the Toyota service information portal for 15$.

techinfo.toyota.com and click the subscribe button for information.

Most manufacturers have something similar, though pricing varies.