join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

2 edits

drew

Premium Member

Scroll of Resurrection - MMO-C speculation

Update - It's legit, see »us.battle.net/wow/en/blo ··· 012#blog
quote:
Update - People are wondering how newly level 80 characters will be able to do anything with their level 10 or level 20 gear. The answer is probably in the new ilvl 232 uncommon armor sets + weapons introduced a while back on Patch 4.3 PTRs. However, this is pure speculation and we should probably sit tight and wait for the official announcement.

Scroll of Resurrection Revamp - Free lvl 80 Character and more!
The new Scroll of Resurrection revamp seems to be on live servers and includes a free level 80 character and a free character/faction change for the person you're bringing back to the game! We will probably get more information from Blizzard very soon.

We can only assume that the Spectral Gryphon and Spectral Wyvern Mounts teaser from yesterday means people doing the recruiting also get nice perks.

Thanks to Kaeh for his forum post!

I logged into the game (I'm home sick today) and I don't have the option in my friends list.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Re: Scroll of Ressurection - MMO-C speculation

Let your sub relapse and get a free transfer/faction change, sounds amazing, lol.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Guess I can re-up my Warrior account and get a free lvl 80 Rogue...or do I want a Mage?

Edit: Just read about the 90 day thing...oh well that account is out.

But I do have ~4 unsubscribed WoW accounts tied to the Battle.net account I am currently playing. I wonder if I could send an email to myself and re-up one of those accounts and get the benefits from it.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
Scroll of Res has like a 90 day grace period after your sub expires, I think. So, there's that to factor in.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
All I can say is that if this is true, they better comp us for reactivating my wife's account on Sunday.

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to drew

to drew
I'm a little unclear on something. Do you get to upgrade a currently exisiting character to lvl 80? Or do you get an all new lvl 80 character? Or both?

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
90 day period sucks. Guess I'll have to use this and have another 80 druid! I got a level 40 something on my raf account some where.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

So, you think I can use the dormant accounts linked to my B.net account?

Or will the ressurected account need to be unlinked to my B.net?

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

Good question, my old account I was talking about never got migrated to B.net

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by JB9:

Good question, my old account I was talking about never got migrated to B.net

I have the same issue. My problem is that I cannot find that old account now. I tried a while back to get a SoR for my old account... no dice. if anyone has luck with this kind of thing, let me know.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Do you remember the u/p or at least the username?

Probably just need to call billing.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to drew

Premium Member

to drew
I wonder how long I could go before I would get wife aggro for hopping on.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

You'd get aggro before it even finished downloading.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

2 recommendations

Exodus

Premium Member

"Hey, what are you doing?"

MONITOR OFF

"Nothing"

"So, you're staring at a blank screen?"

"Yes."

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

lol I can picture that exact same conversation taking place between me and my wife too.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

It's legit

»us.battle.net/wow/en/blo ··· 012#blog
quote:
The Scroll of Resurrection is currently on cooldown, but will be resurrected soon. Once it’s available, you will be able to earn a free faction mount when you use a Scroll of Resurrection to bring a friend or former guildmate back to World of Warcraft, but this offer will only be available for a limited time. Any active World of Warcraft non-trial player can send a Scroll of Resurrection. To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously purchased at least one month of game time at any point in the past, and your friend’s account must have been inactive since March 4, 2012 or earlier.

Once your friend accepts your scroll and pays for at least 30 days of game, you unlock your choice of the following rewards:

A Free Spectral Gryphon for an Alliance character
Or a Free Spectral Wind Rider for a Horde character
And, to enable you and your friend to play together in Cataclysm’s newest content, any friend who accepts your Scroll will also receive the following epic benefits:

A single character immediately boosted all the way to level 80 -- DING!
A FREE upgrade to Cataclysm -- regardless of your friend’s original box level
An optional FREE character move -- to your realm and faction so you can play together
7 FREE days of game time -- available immediately
A few other prerequisites apply -- such as a free upgrade to a Battle.net account for players who haven’t played since 2009 or earlier -- so be sure to check out the FAQ below for full eligibility details.

We’ll provide an update once the Scroll of Resurrection is ready to be cast on your friends. Keep an eye on the World of Warcraft official Community site for more information.

Scroll of Resurrection FAQ

Basics

How do I send a Scroll of Resurrection to my friend?

There are two options for sending Scrolls of Resurrection:

While in-game, open your Real ID friends list or guild roster; any characters or accounts that are eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection will have a special button next to them. Click that Scroll of Resurrection button to generate the email invitation. You’ll also have the option to include a personal message to your friend inviting them back to the game.
From your Battle.net Account Management page, click on the World of Warcraft account that you would like to send the invitation from and select Referrals Rewards- Scroll of Resurrection will be an option in that menu. Once clicked, you can enter the name and e-mail address of the friend you’d like to resurrect and include a personal message along with your invitation.
Eligibility & Limitations

Who can be sent a Scroll of Resurrection?
To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have previously subscribed to World of Warcraft for at least 30 days and their account must have become inactive on or before March 4th,2012.

If your friend’s World of Warcraft account has been inactive since December 2009 (or longer), your friend must first associate their World of Warcraft account with a free Battle.net account before they can receive a Scroll of Resurrection. Tell your friend to see our Battle.net Account FAQ for information on creating a Battle.net account and merging their WoW account. After your friend has set up their account, you should be able to send them a Scroll of Resurrection normally.

Can I resurrect one of my own World of Warcraft accounts?
If you have at least one active World of Warcraft account, you can send your inactive accounts Scroll of Resurrection invitations.

How long is the Scroll of Resurrection invitation good for once I send it out?
Your friend has 30 days to accept the invitation. The offer will expire if not used within that time.
Is there a limit on the number of Scroll of Resurrection Invitations that I can send out?

Is there a limit on the number of Scroll of Resurrection invitations that I can send out?
There is a limit of one Scroll of Resurrection invitation per day per World of Warcraft Account on both the web and in-game. This makes an effective limit of 2 Scroll of Resurrection invitations per day per account if you use both sending options. There is no limit on the number of lifetime Scroll of Resurrection invitations that an account can send.

Can I invite someone who has never played before with a Scroll of Resurrection?
Scroll of Resurrection can only be used on players who once had active World of Warcraft subscriptions. For a similar offer for friends who have never subscribed to World of Warcraft, please see the Recruit-A-Friend FAQ.

Sending the Scroll of Resurrection

What benefits are there to sending a Scroll of Resurrection?
You will receive an exclusive mount when your friend who accepted the Scroll first renews their subscription and pays for 30 days of game time – the Spectral Gryphon for Alliance characters or the Spectral Wind Rider for Horde characters.

How do I redeem my mount once my friend subscribes?
Visit your Account Management page and click on the Scroll of Resurrection option. Under the History/Status tab, you will see Claim Mount button when you are able to redeem the mount. Choose the realm and character on which you want to receive the mount and it will arrive in your character’s mailbox.

Note: The mount can only be redeemed on one character per Scroll.

When do I receive my mount for resurrecting a friend?
Your friend must accept your Scroll of Resurrection invitation and renew their subscription for you to qualify for the mount. In order to qualify for the mount, your friend must renew their subscription after accepting the Scroll, and pay for at least 30 days of game time.

Can I earn multiple mounts on my account?
Yes! This reward will be given to you for each friend who accepts your invitation and meets the re-subscription criteria.

Can I track the invitations I send out?
After your friend accepts, you will be able to view the status of the invitation on the History page in the Referrals & Rewards section of your Battle.net Account Management page.
Who will receive the sender reward when several people send the same person Scrolls of Resurrection?

Who will receive the sender reward when several people send the same person Scrolls of Resurrection?
Only the player whose invitation is accepted will receive the sender’s reward. If the recipient gets several invitations, it will be up to them to choose which to accept. A recipient can accept a maximum of one Scroll of Resurrection per eligible World of Warcraft account.

Accepting the Scroll of Resurrection

What benefits are there for accepting a Scroll of Resurrection invitation?
The Scroll’s recipient immediately receives a FREE digital upgrade all the way to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Additionally, the Scroll’s receiver can permanently boost one character to level 80 so that they can jump straight into the adventure for their 7 days of FREE game time!

Note: The digital upgrade and level boost will only be available for scrolls sent during the 90-day promotion period. Players who accept a Scroll of Resurrection that was sent after the promotion period ends will still receive 7 days of FREE game time, but will not be eligible for the digital upgrade or level boost.

I just accepted a Scroll of Resurrection. How do I level boost my character?
Log in to your Battle.net Account and click on the resurrected license. Once you’re on the Game Management page, click Claim Rewards and select the character to level along with their spec. The next time you log in, they’ll be ready to adventure in a sundered Azeroth!

How does the boost to level 80 work for the Scroll’s recipient?
After accepting the Scroll, the recipient can choose one character to boost to level 80. The character’s spec will be chosen by the recipient prior to completing the level boost and the character will also be given appropriate talents under the chosen spec. The character will be placed in his or her faction’s capital city and will be ready to adventure immediately. This means that the character will be granted all class skills and spells up to level 80, a flying mount and riding skill, and a green quality set of level- and spec-appropriate gear for leveling.

Any gear that was on the character prior to the level boost will be mailed back to the character via in game mail.

Hunter pets will not be given a spec, so level boosted Hunters will need to spec out their pets normally after logging in for the first time.

Note: Active quests may be abandoned when a level boost is performed. If a quest is abandoned in this way, you will be able to pick it up normally from the NPC who originally gave you the quest.

Can I only level boost one character? What happens if my main character is on a different realm or faction than the friend who invited me?
If the character that was level boosted is on a different realm or faction than the character who sent the invitation, you will be eligible for a free Character Transfer and/or a free Faction Change to bring you to your friend’s realm and faction.

Note: Existing limitations apply for Faction Changes and Realm Transfers under the Scroll of Resurrection system. Please see the Faction Change and Realm Transfer FAQs for details. In addition, players on an RU server will not receive a free Realm Transfer if the friend who invited them is from an EU server.

How many times can one person accept a Scroll of Resurrection?
After March 5th, 2012, accounts are only able to accept one Scroll of Resurrection per eligible World of Warcraft account– if your friend has already accepted an invitation after March 5th, they will not be able to accept another for the same World of Warcraft account, but may accept invitations for other eligible World of Warcraft accounts.

Is there a way for me to boost a character to 80 without a Scroll of Resurrection?
The ability to boost a character to 80 only comes when you accept a Scroll of Resurrection invitation.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl to drew

to drew
Yeah its true.I dunno what to think about it.
On one hand its Blizzard saying "Yeah,were on the down hill slope with WOW"
On the other its a great bonus to bring people back.

Next thing on the Store will be "Buy a pre-made level 80...just $25"
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to drew

Premium Member

to drew
I knew there was a reason I was waiting to reactivate my paladin's account. A boost to 80 since he is only 55 and a free upgrade to cata? Great since that acct is still LK lol. I'm not seeing the special button they are talking about. That account is on my real id list and in my guild and I'm not seeing the button they mention.
JoelC707

JoelC707

Premium Member

Well, it says it accepted the name of my paladin and will send the invitation at the end of the day if it is validated. Should login to that account and make sure everything is OK too.
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof to Tweakbl

to Tweakbl
said by Tweakbl:

Next thing on the Store will be "Buy a pre-made level 80...just $25"

This would be nice if the person already had multiple level 85-capped toons and wanted to start another class without going through the whole leveling process over again.

It would be a good retention move for blizzard and a win for the customer who always wanted a (insert class) but didnt have the time to level another toon to cap and start the gearing process all over again.
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Logged into the account and don't see anything weird so looks like that's good (not that I've seen it come online from being hacked or anything). Don't see a scroll mentioned anywhere. Guess I'll watch my email lol

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Since the service went live, I went ahead and put in a Support Ticket.

I've already been screwed out of this kind of thing before (RAF'd someone and got the shitty zebra ONE DAY before the rocket mount went live)
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

It's worth a shot. They stated that if the account was inactive on 3/4 or earlier it was eligible. As long as you meet that req I think they should give it to you.
JoelC707

JoelC707

Premium Member

Must have taken a little longer. Went back in and there was the scroll waiting for me.

In addition to the stated benefits, you get lvl 80 bags, reagents, food/water and 280% flying.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

said by JoelC707:

280% flying.

!
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Yep just logged in, had 8 achievements pop in guild chat LOL. 60/70/80, artisan/master/grand master first aid and right stuff/wild blue yonder. The lvl 80 bags are frostweave bags as I suspected.
JoelC707

JoelC707

Premium Member

OH and the 80/232 gear mentioned is what you get. That's the reason they ask what spec, they go ahead and equip that gear in all slots. I did notice that my bags were completely empty but its highly likely I emptied them out before I let the account lapse. Either way I LOVE this.

Edit: shoulda gone to the mailbox first. All my old carried and equipped gear was there waiting for me.
JoelC707

JoelC707 to drew

Premium Member

to drew
»us.battle.net/wow/en/cha ··· e/simple

Armory link in case anyone wanted proof of the 280 flying, gear, level or any of that. They even set me up with a 2/2/32 ret spec (no idea about ret, prob need to redo their talent choices). The mount hasn't been activated yet, it apparently only goes to the sending account (can choose the toon though) but since it uses the 7 days free first, even though I put a CC on the account it hasn't charged it yet. Guess I'll have to wait 7 days on the mount, but that's OK.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

So funny... ticket open for 75 minutes, average ticket time is 18 minutes.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl to Josof

to Josof
True,I see it as a good thing in a way to.But also a bad thing.
Class specific quests are shit pretty much now.No special Class things to do really.May be different if there were class specific things to do.
I guess it is more a positive thing to come about.The selling of premades in the Store.I for one have more time to level toons being disabled,but still I don't want to make time.Understand?

This to me is a bit of a love/hate thing.I do like it but hate it to because it really is to me,Blizzard saying...Listen we no numbers have fallen.We know the game is,for lack of a better way of stating it,Dieing/getting old/whatever you wanna call it.So this is I think to test the premade water out.If this is a success then I will bet they will roll them out in the Store.

I can see it now....."Mages,Get your Mages here! We have Frost we have Arcane we have Fire...Oops! Warlock get your Locks here!"